Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

No I sure then hell didn't live a sheltered life.
Not with all the things I've been through.
Plus I've been an avid fisherman all my life.
And I still never heard anyone who FISHED call them anything but crappie.
And it's protein that isn't high enough for cats. Cats are strickly meat eaters.... Dogs aren't as specailized. Without high protein cats don't do well... It's not just their vision their health in general would be an issue.
I'm sure Pyxis would know more.... But I had read articles in the past about the subject.
There was one about vegetarians that were feeding their cats plant based diets and the cats going blind and having organ failure.
Probably applies to chickens as well.

Good mid morning pond folks :frow:frow:frowjust procrastinating don't want to start doing anything this morning :oops: Tax time :hmm So quick post and got to get to working . :frow so what is going on with the hip ? I'm just out of touch so much :( Hate your in pain . I'm trying a new thing to me anyhow wild lettuce . Supposed to help with pain :idunno second day can't say for sure if I feel different yet. Ankle just hurts all the time now. Our vet sells herbal stuff gave me a bottle to try so we'll see . Says it helps his pain. It takes fifteen minutes for the puppies and an hour or so just to chat . We're always the last appointment. 7 or 7:30 . he don't start work till three in the afternoon . We have been friends a long time .Like thirty years or more . We spend most of that time joking . Anyhow you remind me of him no matter how bad the pain is, unless he is in the hospital he works . Walks with a cane Had two farms miles apart sold one and bought a lake house in Alabama . And knowing him ,it needs work I don't know how either of you do it . :bow:bow
Tax time again already? Seems like I just filed taxes a couple weeks ago!
Wait! That was my refund I got back a couple weeks ago! :p
But then again, who's keeping score?

Nope.
They’re blueberries.

How can you grow blue berries? :thAren't you crazy too hot?

How far from the water are you? What do they sound like, & how long do they go off? :pop

My house is maybe 6 or 7 miles from the water, by road. But I am almost at 1,300feet above sea level . So ha! No tsunami can get me.

The siren is a pretty loud horn, followed by a super loud recording which I think says "this is a test of the early warning system. If this were a real emergency " uh.... something about more information would be on the radio. Then the horn goes again.

I can hear it from my house. But at my house it is difficult to understand the words. Which is why I don't have them memorized.

Last month they used the REAL siren, which turns out is way louder than the test siren. So funny. And they didn't follow the real siren with the test siren and the recording. So yeah, some people freaked because they hadn't read the newspaper or Facebook.

I was so sure with the internet the way it is... I could find a clip for you . couldn't find what I wanted.

But here is the recording shouting out. The guy filming it is out on the docks at the town where I live.

And I couldn't find a recording of the horn that I hear..... but here is the horn on Kodiak, and ours sounds the same

Last edited:
Crescent City's went off every first Wednesday between little kid recess and our recess...

If all tsunami sirens are the same,they sound like this:
and last just long enough to freak out anyone that doesn't know that it's a drill. (Video found in one of the conversations hanging off of https://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/A82440821

Good video!

But DANG, hurts seeing those boats beat up.... for so many people that is their life! Do you know where that video is taken? I would guess Kodiak... but I have no idea.

Good mid morning pond folks :frow:frow:frowjust procrastinating don't want to start doing anything this morning :oops: Tax time :hmm So quick post and got to get to working .

I too... do those last minute.

Spouse lost the W2 for kid 3. Kid 3s boss is on vacation... might have to file an extension for him.

Have to do 4 returns this year... 1 for the family and 1 for each of the older 3 kids. :th

Looks like I will get a bigger return... and all of the kids will have to pay! Crazy.

My house is maybe 6 or 7 miles from the water, by road. But I am almost at 1,300feet above sea level . So ha! No tsunami can get me.

The siren is a pretty loud horn, followed by a super loud recording which I think says "this is a test of the early warning system. If this were a real emergency " uh.... something about more information would be on the radio. Then the horn goes again.

I can hear it from my house. But at my house it is difficult to understand the words. Which is why I don't have them memorized.

Last month they used the REAL siren, which turns out is way louder than the test siren. So funny. And they didn't follow the real siren with the test siren and the recording. So yeah, some people freaked because they hadn't read the newspaper or Facebook.

I was so sure with the internet the way it is... I could find a clip for you . couldn't find what I wanted.

But here is the recording shouting out. The guy filming it is out on the docks at the town where I live.

There are varieties of blueberries that will grow here.... Even up at the desert.

deb

And I couldn't find a recording of the horn that I hear..... but here is the horn on Kodiak, and ours sounds the same

Tax time again already? Seems like I just filed taxes a couple weeks ago!
Wait! That was my refund I got back a couple weeks ago! :p
But then again, who's keeping score?
Farmers’ taxes are due by the end of February.

Well, it has started... Snow started about 11:00, school dismissed at 12:30. My boss sent me home at 11:40 since I live a ways out and it was already coming down pretty good.

They sound like AirRaid Sirens.... We used to hear them every day at noon in Vegas While they were still testing.

Could feel and hear the boom 130 miles away... sometimes it cracked windows.

deb

Good mid morning pond folks :frow:frow:frowjust procrastinating don't want to start doing anything this morning :oops: Tax time :hmm So quick post and got to get to working . :frow so what is going on with the hip ? I'm just out of touch so much :( Hate your in pain . I'm trying a new thing to me anyhow wild lettuce . Supposed to help with pain :idunno second day can't say for sure if I feel different yet. Ankle just hurts all the time now. Our vet sells herbal stuff gave me a bottle to try so we'll see . Says it helps his pain. It takes fifteen minutes for the puppies and an hour or so just to chat . We're always the last appointment. 7 or 7:30 . he don't start work till three in the afternoon . We have been friends a long time .Like thirty years or more . We spend most of that time joking . Anyhow you remind me of him no matter how bad the pain is, unless he is in the hospital he works . Walks with a cane Had two farms miles apart sold one and bought a lake house in Alabama . And knowing him ,it needs work I don't know how either of you do it . :bow:bow

He finally got a diagnosis on the hip.... Broken... Hip replacement is supposed to happen on the 20 th I believe. :he VA... didnt see it.... told him it was just arthritis.

deb

Back
Top Bottom