Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good morning, Pond.

I'm guilty of being that way too much with my own. I have so many regrets. I wish I could have a do over.

Kids don't come with an instruction manual :hugs - we just do our best.

Love it ! Brought a spontaneous smile to my face.

:love great pics!! :love

I'll second that. Well done on the taxes. We owed on both - not bad though.

Just saw an awesom pic of a tool used to pull stumps.... Two horse power.... but the Principle of fulcurm and lever could be used ins sooo many ways.

@LittleLakePhil Phil... My dad had no degree... None except a high school diploma... Yet he advised Physicists and Engineers on how to build things.... There are just some abilities that are born in and developed out of need necessity and desire.

His dad too was a raging alcoholic and pretty draconic in his treatment of his family. Yet he would give his shirt off his back to help another... when he was sober.

Here is the video of the tool.

Last night after checking our dates again we discovered that while we thought we still had a week or so left before Migory farrowed we in reality only had a day or two left so much today was spent prepping one of the farrowing pens for the Migory.
Then we spent about an hour getting ready to load her in the trailer so we could move her to the farrowing pen. Much to everyone’s delight and dad’s disbelief the actual time spent loading Migory into the trailer was about 30 seconds, at that point we realized that all the time we’d just spent getting a corral together had probably been pointless. :lau My older brother spent several months training the sows to go into the trailer when they were younger, it has really paid off.
D26DFB65-7047-48FB-9ABD-26F5156F2105.jpeg

PS - skunk did not spray, so DH got to ride in the car up to the house and will be allowed to sleep in our room tonight.)

:lau

If that had me, I am sure I would have been sprayed! :clap So glad he wasn't!

But my hip hurts like the Dickens....

When is your surgery again? Isn't it this week? :idunno

Great photos!

Good morning Pond.

Finally finished my taxes, just after midnight. 23+ hours to spare! :yesss: :gig

I’ve been stressing over the taxes for 2 weeks now. Got a little less back from the fed, but a little more from state.

Me too!!!! (Well, kind of). I had to go into town to mail checks off to the feds. Then I came home and started filling out the extension paperwork for kid 3 since we lost his w2 and his boss is on vacation.... and found out that I had to MAIL the extension along with ANOTHER check! So yeah, second trip to town.

The 3 oldest kids, had jobs last year, so all had to file separately from us parents, and they all 3 owed money!
:rolleyes: They are only making peanuts. I thought those folks that make peanuts paid nada. :idunno

Spouse and I got a nice sized refund. :lau

My older brother spent several months training the sows to go into the trailer when they were younger, it has really paid off

Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom