Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

The lighthouse
20190424_111559.jpg

I have a broody "yard bird" - one of my trio that has free run of the yard. One of my duck hens has been laying eggs in the same coop with her. I've never let a chicken hatch duck eggs, but I think I'm going to let her try it! I guess I should remove any chicken eggs pretty soon though.
1EF65D0C-AE39-4689-82CD-2CB86823CD5D.jpeg

View attachment 1750422Back to dock and on our way home.... Fishless.....:rolleyes:
I had an hour to kill this morning while Auto Zone tested my ATV battery, so I went by the retention pond across the road. It was dug to hold the runoff from the Walmart parking lot, but it's right next to the river, and gets restocked with fish every time the river goes out of it's banks, as it has a lot the past year. Saw fish breaking before I got to the water, but throwing a light jig in the stiff wind only resulted in a massive wind knot that shut me down pretty quick, before I could get bit. Oh, well, you'll have this.

I had an hour to kill this morning while Auto Zone tested my ATV battery, so I went by the retention pond across the road. It was dug to hold the runoff from the Walmart parking lot, but it's right next to the river, and gets restocked with fish every time the river goes out of it's banks, as it has a lot the past year. Saw fish breaking before I got to the water, but throwing a light jig in the stiff wind only resulted in a massive wind knot that shut me down pretty quick, before I could get bit. Oh, well, you'll have this.
Knots are bad .. . Hope it came out easily

Back
Top Bottom