Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

you sure you're a native Texan?
tongue.png

there is an inner-tube someone brought........but it got popped at the party, and I just patched the hole, needs a few minutes to set, before airing up again.....

Nope, married to one. You know the difference between a yankee and a dam yankee ? Yankee is someone from North of the Mason Dixon line that comes south for a visit. A dam yankee stays. I"m a dam yankee. DY that don't do snakes! I do, however do coffee and adult beverages whenever appropriate. Paddle boat and a cold beer will suit me just fine! :)

Nope, married to one. You know the difference between a yankee and a dam yankee ? Yankee is someone from North of the Mason Dixon line that comes south for a visit. A dam yankee stays. I"m a dam yankee. DY that don't do snakes! I do, however do coffee and adult beverages whenever appropriate. Paddle boat and a cold beer will suit me just fine! :)
have you gone on a river float?

Which means he'd dunk right through.
I think it was the Texan.
My son's roommate is from Texas, and when he does something peculiar and ask 'why'd he do that?'
My son shrugs his shoulders and says," He's Texan. They do what they want,"

@WVduckchick
 I have a pond question for you.  Assuming from your name and your opening post that you have had ducks on the pond. Do you have any problems with interaction between resident ducks and wild geese?

We have a nice pond with an island in the middle and every year we get wild geese that come in for a few months then take off when it starts to get hot (we are in North Texas).  We would like to have some ducks year round, just not sure how they would get along with wild geese.  The geese can get fairly possessive of the pond and will chase off other wild geese that come try to share. :|

Enough of the serious questions, got a paddle boat here?  I don't go in pond water, too many snakes!

So far, I have not had any wild geese visit my pond. But we only dug it about 6-7 years ago. Had a blue heron visit and some wild ducks, but my ducks weren't there yet, so sorry, I can't help answer your questions. Wild turkeys are there daily, but don't seem to be an issue. Hopefully someone else here can offer some advice.

I can however offer you a big welcome and a cold beverage on the house! .. Er, on the pond, I guess :D

Back
Top Bottom