Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Even funnier, when I do google a chicken question, usually the top responses are something that is posted on here!
big_smile.png
I think that's the reason BYC has so many members. Shame that quite a lot suffer from searching amnesia once they do join.

Exactly!!! I kinda "stalked" and searched all over BYC for about a year before I even joined or asked any questions. Now I just try to ask questions when I can't already locate an answer since there are like a bizzilion threads that have already addressed most things.

Even funnier, when I do google a chicken question, usually the top responses are something that is posted on here!
big_smile.png

The worst thing now, after being here a while, is seeing so much bad information! So even when I have a question, there are so many right and wrong answers around this place!! I'd rather ask folks that I trust.

See, I didn't even have to answer this. Some friends, you just know have your back.

You would probably have my back also, as long as I paid you with Mr.G.
big_smile.png

No doubting having your back, it was the "up" bit that I thought worth consulting TK about
lau.gif

I've got your back, gal - and everyone on the pond. No Mr G necessary.

The worst thing now, after being here a while, is seeing so much bad information! So even when I have a question, there are so many right and wrong answers around this place!! I'd rather ask folks that I trust.

Thats what I feel also. Articles open as part of the Learning Centre and I raised the issue with the big shots, since one particular "article" was such a load of BS it was shocking. I was told there is nothing that can be done
idunno.gif
I can't recall the last thread i started - I just ask you folks here on the pond.

a little brag on one of my boys......

since this one is really into knives (like any good boy should be), pocket knives, hunting knives, machetes......all of them, but especially the larger blades.

we decided for Christmas to get him a knife making kit. actually, that is a little misleading, it's more of a knife handle making kit. we purchased the blank.

BL471C_550.jpg

15" OAL with 9" of blade. I also got him the scales (handle material) I opted for walnut.

WOWASa_550.jpg

decently hard wood, but easily worked and shaped with sanding. plus it takes a great finish.

here are some progress pics. I didn't get any pics of the shaping, since most of it was done on a belt sander, and constant attention was required.

drilling the holes (usually better done on a drill press, but if a person is careful, you can use a hand drill)

next on to the two part epoxy, that will help hold the scales (handle material) to the blade. Pins also help, that is what the holes are for.

portioning out the epoxy.

after we let it set up over night, we got the shaping of the handle done, and then it was on to the final sanding. by far, the least fun part of the job......

and while he still has several courses of sanding to go, with progressively finer and finer sandpaper, he is well on his way to completing the knife.

after we finish the knife, we will start on the sheath for this monster.......

Thats what I feel also. Articles open as part of the Learning Centre and I raised the issue with the big shots, since one particular "article" was such a load of BS it was shocking. I was told there is nothing that can be done
idunno.gif
I can't recall the last thread i started - I just ask you folks here on the pond.

Hate to think of all the chickens that die because of some of the stuff.
hide.gif

Having somebodies back is a completely different concept than providing backup
tongue.png

Yes, and I was steering toward one and away from the other.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom