Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

:lol:

Whatcha been up to recently?
Same old - nothing interesting. Just giving my flock a couple more weeks before they all get the chop. I hoped de-worming would solve their non-laying issue, but from more half of them I still got nada eggs after two weeks.

Same old - nothing interesting. Just giving my flock a couple more weeks before they all get the chop. I hoped de-worming would solve their non-laying issue, but from more half of them I still got nada eggs after two weeks.

Ah. That sucks. The Rhode Island reds we just got are already paying rent, went out there to make sure they'd settled in properly and found these!
IMG_4441.JPG

They may take a break for a few days, but at least you know they are laying!
Yeah, I was figuring it'd be about two weeks before they're fully settled. There was an egg in the cage, that's why we bid on those :gig Guess that gamble paid off.

Yeah! Plus the ducks I sold paid for all but the goat. It's nice when something actually works in my favor!

Yeah, I was figuring it'd be about two weeks before they're fully settled. There was an egg in the cage, that's why we bid on those :lau Guess that gamble paid off.

Yeah! Plus the ducks I sold paid for all but the goat. It's nice when something actually works in my favor!
Well, you are getting to know the ebb and flow of your local market, which can only be an asset in the years to come - good man!

Well, you are getting to know the ebb and flow of your local market, which can only be an asset in the years to come - good man!
It certainly helps! The market is flooded with chickens so they're a lot cheaper than back in February. They were running about $15 a head then, they averaged about half that today. Though we paid $11 a head for the RIRs. Seems the ducks are a bit more iffy, the Muscovies run $15 to $20 a head while the plain Mallard derived go for about $6 to $8 The crested though, everybody seems to want those. All the crested I've sold have brought $10 a head except the ducklings which go for half that.

Back
Top Bottom