Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Morning Pond!

I'm off to my first day at my new job, wish me luck!

What is the job? :pop

Do I need to go fishing, or start building a new coop? :idunno

Well, considering I tore the old one apart yesterday (mostly before it fell apart) & a couple chickens discovered they could fly out, maybe I oughtta fill up the nail gun.

Your coops sound like mine. :barnie

Getting close to melted enough to start cleaning up the mess in my chicken yards... probably can't dig holes yet.

Your coops sound like mine. :barnie

Getting close to melted enough to start cleaning up the mess in my chicken yards... probably can't dig holes yet.
Surprisingly, this one lasted longer than I ever figured it would, coming from China. I copied it a couple years ago, using better materials. Building another now; like to have a spare.

Blasted eagle keeps circling my coops even with everyone locked up.

He actually keeps landing on the ground and looking around for holes.

He keeps landing on top of my green tractor. He hasn't managed to break open the fencing on the green tractor. But wow does the breeding squad on there holler bloody murder when he lands!

We put a piece of plywood and a pallet on top of the tractor so it it harder for the eagle to land on it.

:barnie

Snow is melting though. .. in maybe a week or so I should be able start clean up and then building.

Yup... Don't know what it is about dogs and cat food I feed our car up high so the dogs can't reach.... Otherwise they would eat just cat food....

Cat food has higher levels of protein than dog food. I do know it's not good for dogs in the long run, but I don't remember why--whether the protein's so high that it's rough on the kidneys, or different vitamin/mineral needs, or what.

@Pyxis
Don't forget to tell us about your new job! Does this mean you get to work day shift now?
What kind of job did you get? If you told us already I forgot it.

Veterinary nurse :)

It was a good day! In the morning I observed some surgeries, and in the afternoon I started learning where everything was and helped in appointments and with some treatments.

I am very tired though, lol. This will be a day shift gig, so at the moment, while I'm waiting for my two weeks to run out at the old job, I'm juggling working a night shift there and a day shift at the new place. I didn't get much sleep last night.

It was a good day! In the morning I observed some surgeries, and in the afternoon I started learning where everything was and helped in appointments and with some treatments.

I am very tired though, lol. This will be a day shift gig, so at the moment, while I'm waiting for my two weeks to run out at the old job, I'm juggling working a night shift there and a day shift at the new place. I didn't get much sleep last night.
That's going to be hard for a while but . . way to go! That's so awesome. I'm so happy for you! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Working at a vet office can be really fun.

Hope you like it..... and make it for 2 weeks without sleep! :eek:

I've honestly never heard anyone call then crappy....
You must have lived a sheltered life up till now.

Cat food has higher levels of protein than dog food. I do know it's not good for dogs in the long run, but I don't remember why--whether the protein's so high that it's rough on the kidneys, or different vitamin/mineral needs, or what.
didn't hear the protein thing, but I know dog food over long terms is bad for cats because it does not have certain nutrients to help maintain the cat's vision.

Back
Top Bottom