Well Attached Udder on Doe?

All but the first doe have acceptable, but not show, udders. If the dam has a decent udder, chances are her daughters will too.

If it were me I would go with one from a breeder that knows what there doing. You would be able to see how much milk her dam, grand dam, sire dam, sire grand dam, make. As well as see all the udders, conformation and anything else (M*,LA,*B,+B). Even if your just getting a home milking you get what you paid for. Buyer a doe from a great breeder could cost a lot but in the end you have a doe that can give many years of milk, easy milking, a lots of milk. The kids are also worth more if Registered. Money is not what this is about but it's a little added bonus to having to sell the kids every year.(Because the feed for a milker/Milkers can cost a lot) I'm so much happier with my milkers now that I went with more proven lines in stead of what is right next to me. As a added thing you might what to make should they are at least CAE tested. But I test for all three.(CAE, Jhones, CL) Just to make sure. You can't tell if a doe has CAE with out testing because they don't show but it can still spread. It's the most common of the three.

If it were me I would go with one from a breeder that knows what there doing. You would be able to see how much milk her dam, grand dam, sire dam, sire grand dam, make. As well as see all the udders, conformation and anything else (M*,LA,*B,+B). Even if your just getting a home milking you get what you paid for. Buyer a doe from a great breeder could cost a lot but in the end you have a doe that can give many years of milk, easy milking, a lots of milk. The kids are also worth more if Registered. Money is not what this is about but it's a little added bonus to having to sell the kids every year.(Because the feed for a milker/Milkers can cost a lot) I'm so much happier with my milkers now that I went with more proven lines in stead of what is right next to me. As a added thing you might what to make should they are at least CAE tested. But I test for all three.(CAE, Jhones, CL) Just to make sure. You can't tell if a doe has CAE with out testing because they don't show but it can still spread. It's the most common of the three.
Just a comment. CAE is probably the most common of the three you mentioned, but more importantly, to me, anyway, it is by far the most difficult to get rid of. At one time or another, I had CAE, Johnes, and CL in my herd. I completely eradicated Johnes and CL, but, in spite of years of trying, while I was able to greatly reduce the incidence of CAE, I am not sure that I ever completely eradicated it.

Just a comment. CAE is probably the most common of the three you mentioned, but more importantly, to me, anyway, it is by far the most difficult to get rid of. At one time or another, I had CAE, Johnes, and CL in my herd. I completely eradicated Johnes and CL, but, in spite of years of trying, while I was able to greatly reduce the incidence of CAE, I am not sure that I ever completely eradicated it.
Yes I know this. It is some to keep in mind when buying goats. I only buy from tested herd and will never buy from a untested herd. If you have CAE I think it's best to just cull them as It is very hard to get rid of. Having my whole herd tested Oct. 24. I all ways pray there nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom