Well I did it again...

Chatychick

Songster
12 Years
Jul 9, 2007
Blue Mound, Kansas
I was wanting some turkleys and a friend had 3. I ask her about it and she said sure we are wanting to give them away...1 tom and 2 hens...Great I said I would take them...well she called the other nite and said her DH said if I want the turkeys I would have to take the 1 roo and 6 hens they have and the 2 drakes and 5 hens also...he didnt want anymore fowkl...So I thought about it and called her back and said OK...
Well went yesterday and loaded alot of critters in the back of my surburban...yep the smell was awful, glad I only had to drive 3 miles home. Well the hens are a bit think but they will get better and the ducks are ok I gave away a drake that was a meany to the others. The turkeys are doing good too...I think they will all adjust well and I guess in a way I rescued the others as they would of probably butchered them, Its not like I needed anymore ...LOL...

GOOD FOR YOU!

I had thought about getting some call ducks, and my DS would like a turkey, but I just don't have the space to accomodate them.

Hope you enjoy them!

Way to go! It's funny how when someone is offering free poultry we find ourselves wanting them even if we know we really don't need more. It's like, you just can't help yourself!

Sounds like you got a good package deal, although it was a little imposition that she make all the additional animals part of the deal, when all you wanted were the turkeys. I hope they are all healthy.

Hey good for you! I'm always wishing I had more space and eventually I will get around to building just a waterfowl pen!

New birds are always fun!

yippiechickie.gif
you lucked out for sure.............I am going to my first poultry show this weekend.......wish me luck. NOT to get anything there
big_smile.png
REALLY , I am going to pick up 2 or 3 buff orps from a lady....but there is going to be so many I want when I see them........maybe I should leave my wallet at home
big_smile.png

Thanks all the chickens and turkeys and ducks thank you too...They are all good birds and dont bite thank goodness and if I can make them have better lives I guess it was meant to be...

Back
Top Bottom