Welp Hatchery...What a joke

That is horrible. I'm so sorry!
Where did you order from? I've never seen a bottom thing like that one, normally my shipments have coconut fiber mats or something similar.

I have only ever ordered from Ideal Poultry and never had a dead chick. After getting a order like yours I'd be asking for a refund and finding another, closer or more highly rated hatchery.
Welp is highly rated . There is something wrong here . I suspect more to the story than what is being told . A lot can go wrong once the chicks are shipped that is out of the hatcherys control . I have never had a problem with Welp in any way .

I've ordered from Whelp twice. All were healthy and came on time. I also ordered all hens and got about 5-6 roosters for 35-40 chicks (one of each breed other than the California Whites).

I ordered from Welp for the first time, it was a huge mistake! Took 3 1/2 days to get here, 4 dead on arrival, they smelled bad. Here a week later I've had one die every night! I've ordered from Cackle and never had an issue, EVER. Another thing is that Welp did not let me know when they shipped. The first shipment date was delayed by 3 weeks which was fine with unusually bad weather, but they didn't tell me! I had to call to find out they hadn't been sent. Same with when they were actually mailed, no email, no call. I had to call to get a tracking number. Will never order from them again!

I ordered from Welp for the first time, it was a huge mistake! Took 3 1/2 days to get here, 4 dead on arrival, they smelled bad. Here a week later I've had one die every night! I've ordered from Cackle and never had an issue, EVER. Another thing is that Welp did not let me know when they shipped. The first shipment date was delayed by 3 weeks which was fine with unusually bad weather, but they didn't tell me! I had to call to find out they hadn't been sent. Same with when they were actually mailed, no email, no call. I had to call to get a tracking number. Will never order from them again!
Did you get a refund for the dead chicks?

Only for those that died within the first 48 hours. They appear fine, then I find another dead one each morning. I've raised poultry over 40 years so I don't think it is anything I am doing.

Welp hatchery is truly a joke. Ordered 20 ducks, 17 ducks were dead on arrival. Chickens on order also 3 were dead and 10 more within a week. Had 5 chickens short on order. The order was also messed up with chickens I did not order, the ones I wanted did not come. With majority order was pullets, now looking like roosters! Several emails sent with no reply back. Don't order from them!

Same thing just happened to me. I have emailed three times and no reply. I will send the same email everyday. I have plenty of time to do so.

Back
Top Bottom