Welsh Harlequin Ducklings: Sex by Bill

Beautiful photos! Out of my hatch of 8 this year, I got an even split: 4 drakes and 4 ducks. I was very confused when they were ducklings, and picked out two that I was reasonably sure were drakes, and they were. But with the others I was really guessing.

Not to hijack your thread, but if anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area needs some drakes, I have them. Mine are all bred from Metzer stock originally.

So most of them didn't have distinctive differences between them after they hatched? I found that the Holderread ones seemed much easier to guess at then my Holderread/Sand Hill hatch (I was questioning it from the beginning).

Good luck on finding your drakes homes too - I keep getting interest only for them to fall through ;_;

So most of them didn't have distinctive differences between them after they hatched? I found that the Holderread ones seemed much easier to guess at then my Holderread/Sand Hill hatch (I was questioning it from the beginning).

Good luck on finding your drakes homes too - I keep getting interest only for them to fall through ;_;
I am hoping you guys can find new homes for the drakes! Where did yall say yall lived?

Back
Top Bottom