Welsh Harlequin

How long dose it take for there feet to turn dark? My ducks are only about three and a half months old.

Well, I showed Lottie when she was 16 weeks old, and got nothing because her feet were the wrong colour.... Of course a week after the show her feet go dark! Her sister got dark feet at about 14 weeks and Lottie hers at about 17 weeks- and I suppose some never get dark feet.

My girls have gotten So big!
Question; have any of you gotten wishes from Metzer Farms? If so have your ducks feet turned dark?
Mine are about 18 weeks and there feet are still orange...

I have 8 WHs from Metzer. 5 of the 6 females' feet turned dark, though I don't recall at what age. One has feet that are mostly dark with orange splotches. Her bill is also dark with light splotches. I was wondering if that's a gene mutation?

If anyone could help me decide which drake to keep, I'd greatly appreciate it. I got 3 WH from Sand Hill and they all ended up being boys ... I am going to keep one. They are about 24 weeks now.

WH #1 - I highly doubt I will be keeping, he is the only one in my whole flock of ducks that can be mean ... his head is black as well, with barely any green along with the white cheek spot.

WH #2

WH #3 (he'd get the lady duck votes - they all swoon over him)

Thanks for any help - it is really hard choosing ;_;

If anyone could help me decide which drake to keep, I'd greatly appreciate it. I got 3 WH from Sand Hill and they all ended up being boys ... I am going to keep one. They are about 24 weeks now. WH #1 - I highly doubt I will be keeping, he is the only one in my whole flock of ducks that can be mean ... his head is black as well, with barely any green along with the white cheek spot. WH #2 WH #3 (he'd get the lady duck votes - they all swoon over him) Thanks for any help - it is really hard choosing ;_;
Will you be keeping to breed to the standard or just to have around as a pet? I would say number one is out either way if he's mean.

I would say keep drake #2. He's got good colouring- nice dark chest feathers that continue strongly down to the leg and a nice thin neck ring. Also he has good confirmation: not too stocky and a nice straight back.

Drake #3 looks very nice as well.

If drake #1 is mean definitely don't keep him, also the white patch on his head is a fault.

Back
Top Bottom