We're on the right track!!!!

newtsdaisies

Chirping
Apr 30, 2023
One of my girls (Ducky) laid her first egg yesterday in the run, but she laid an egg today and made it to the nesting box! I'm so excited! It's such an odd feeling because it feels like it's never gonna happen and then it did! This is my first experience ever with chickens and I'm enjoying the journey so much! Since she's the only one laying and we only have 2 small eggs, we're saving them up so that me and my parents (we all live together) can try our very first fresh eggs together!

We definitely see our chickens as pets (oops haha) and since I've raised them from 2 days old, I can't help but feel a sense of pride over my girls! I'm so proud of all of their hard work and I'm still in awe that both of her first eggs are literally perfect and so beautiful! It's a shame to have to break them open!

P.S. To those who saw and replied to yesterdays post where we learned our RIR was not a RIR, I think we've discovered she's a Starlight Green Egger!

20230817_160530.jpg

We DO get proud when our babies lay their first eggs! 🥚 I suppose we feel like parents watching our daughters grow up. :p I was over the moon with my first egg, one proud momma! :lol:

And a double congrats, your girl made it to the nest box! :woot It never gets old finding those treasures in the nest boxes. :)

Enjoy!

We DO get proud when our babies lay their first eggs! 🥚 I suppose we feel like parents watching our daughters grow up. :p I was over the moon with my first egg, one proud momma! :lol:

And a double congrats, your girl made it to the nest box! :woot It never gets old finding those treasures in the nest boxes. :)

Enjoy!
Definitely! I don't have/want actual children so I just call them my feather babies and my dog my fur baby 🤣

You and me both! :highfive: No kids, no interest in having them, just feathered and furry babies for me! :gig
The best kind of babies in my opinion!!!!! I'm so glad it's a common thing to be so attached to our chickens haha. I know people who don't have them/have never had them give me funny looks!

The best kind of babies in my opinion!!!!! I'm so glad it's a common thing to be so attached to our chickens haha. I know people who don't have them/have never had them give me funny looks!
Yes people don't get it. They think we are missing out on something not having babies.....NOT! :lol: Its THEM that are missing out on the affection of a sweet lap chicken! :love

Back
Top Bottom