Western Massachusetts

im interested in checking out the auction in Whately but i think poultry is tuesday afternoons. the one i go to has all livestock on saturday night so its easier for me to get to.

Hi I am from Winchendon

I have a small flock and looking for some silkie hens

I hear they are great brooders

I try to have my all my hens raise their own chicks but these days they are far and few between

I raise americanas I just love those colored eggs tuffs on their cheeks and feet

Anyone want to help me out I would be very grateful

Ed

Welcome NewBreeder, I do have raise silkies and they do go broody quite often. They are probably my favorite chicken. The only downfall is that they do not produce enough eggs to keep up with my hatching addiction. Right now i am down to two hens and my roo and i cannot wait to build my flock back up. Do you have any pictures of your eggs? I bought some Easter eggers last year hoping for some nice colored eggs but they are like a light tan.

Mamhutch, are you looking for chickens just getting to their laying or birds a year already in?

mamahutch, i am in the process of purchasing about 8 hens and a rooster. I am going to look at them and possibly purchase them saturday morning. The lady told me that they are of a mixed flock and all buy 1 are last years hatch. I am expanding my flock but 9 is too many and she will only sell them all together. are you interested?

Back
Top Bottom