Western Pennsylvania chicken swap.....April 9

Hey, just came across a really old thread about a chicken poo raffle. Thought it would be a lot of fun for the chickenstock.

You just mark off a bunch of squares on cardboard then stick it in a pen with the chicken after all of the squares have been sold. Whoever's # gets pooped on is the winner of half the money, and the other half could go towards the event costs, and if enough, could go towards next year's costs.

What do you think? Wouldn't be that hard to find a willing participant to do the pooping.
hide.gif

celebrate.gif
I will be able to make it! I got the day off work!
ya.gif

I'm curious what everyone will be bringing (as far as birds)?
I'm hoping to find some true ameraucanas (roo or hens), marans (roo or hens), EE hens, red sex link hens.

Please let me know what you have and what you are looking for too.
thumbsup.gif

So excited! I might bring a few friends too!

ETA: Found a true blue Ameraucana online, 5 miles from me, that had been hatched from eggs from Happy_Chooks. The lady (who I went to school with and work with her sister) couldn't keep him in town once he started crowing, so I happily took him off her hands....
ya.gif
wee.gif
Can't believe what a small world it really is!

So anyway, now, I just need to find some true ameraucana hens. Anyone have any that they will be bringing?

Last edited:
I've posted an announcement on my local classifieds page and linked to this page. Hope that's ok since it was decided to open it up to the public!
hide.gif

Would love to see lots of people there!

Quote:
I hope you can make it! The silkie babies I got from you last summer are just beautiful now! I may need a few splash and another blue.
smile.png

I am bringing ducks and dwarf rabbits. I think I will have ducklings and chicks by then too. Ducks are Runner/ Welsh Harlequin, Cayuga. I know I'll have duck eggs, too!

I'm hoping to attend. Looking for a few more Silkies and Seramas. I can bring silkie and serama chicks and swedish ducklings if anyone is interested.

I can bake some cookies and bring a dish.

Back
Top Bottom