Western Pennsylvania chicken swap.....April 9

I updated the first post with what animals are coming. Let me know if I need to add or change anything.

I have no idea if I will bring any poultry or not! I just lost my FBCM roo and his son is only 3 months old :-( (I really need him to grow up quick! LOL) If the guineas hatch I might bring them, or some d'uccles. Whatever hatches I suppose! I have about 6 silkie chicks that just hatched......and a couple mystery bantams! Maybe I'll bring them. We'll see...

tonini3059 I'm sorry you can't make it! I didn't even know about that auction.....is it close?

QuailQT: How's the roo "blue"? I miss him already!
wink.png
btw, your inbox is full! I tried to pm ya!

I think I'll be coming to the chicken swap, I really don't need any more but I'd love to come to checkout what everyone has brought!

Rachael

ETA: I may be interested in some silkie chicks, my house silkie is lonely
hide.gif
(what a great excuse to add another!)

Last edited:
Quote:
Great! I just emptied some old messages and I hate to because I might need them someday to look back on.

He's doing really well. He is so pretty! (er...handsome) He was trying to breed some of my black hens tonight-first I've seen him in action so far. He's pretty shy though. He's been hanging out with the black EE and the black sex links. He must miss his girls at your house.

Glad to hear that you're going to try and make it to the chickenswap! It should be a bunch of fun. Did you talk to Jessie about it? See if she can go? I had mentioned it to her the other day.

Whoops, sorry I left that out! She had said : Runner/ Welsh Harlequin, Cayuga.
I have KC's but I just separated my blue swede out this month. If you can't find any before then....I will have eggs mid April.

Quote:
I hope you can make it! The silkie babies I got from you last summer are just beautiful now! I may need a few splash and another blue.
smile.png

I had one really pretty Blue Silkie hatch out of about 9 eggs. Humidity problems
barnie.gif

I have more in the bator but won't hatch til the 15th
sad.png

As of right now I plan on going. I'll be bringing some Lav splits and Blacks. They were from split to split so could be either, can't tell til bred. One hatched end of December and the rest end of January. These are from Sonew's Silkies. I believe I have about 7-8 I want to get rid of.

I am bringing lionhead/dwarf rabbits. I've got 5, all male and all black. Very fuzzy, ridiculously cute. And button quail, too.

I would love to come up! I am SE of Pittsburgh, so it will be a couple hour drive for us. I will have some less than 1 yr, silkie roos. I got 3 Sumatra chicks from McMurray, but I think I got all hens but they are only 2 weeks old. SUMATRA...Are your lionheads purebred? Any Holland lops?

Yipppeeee!!!!!! I've always wanted to go to a chickenstock. All I have found here in Clearfield County is the annual bird swap and last year I think there was only 15 or so sellers there, and mostly pheasants and peafowl. I did luck out and get some black spanish turkey poults though. So far they are starting to cooperate for me. I don't have anything hatched but if I can steal enough guinea eggs from my hens I might bring a couple dozen guinea eggs, some magpie mix duck eggs and some mystery banty eggs (mille fluer, golden sebright, silkie, old english and possible black cochin mix (Everybody is still together from winter)). I will try to make some goats milk fudge to bring and something else too. Hope to see you all there. Almost forgot to say what I wanted to look for...silkie hens, maybe another black spanish hen, but who knows what I'll fall in love with. I kinda hope my hubby doesn't want to go. He probably won't let me get anything.
sad.png

ya.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I have one purebred lionhead, but no papers for her. If you are interested, let me know, because otherwise she is staying home. She is a good mother, but she does have an attitude.
I am bringing 5 of her babies; dad is a black dwarf. All the babies are black, male and fuzzy.
My ducks are blue/splash Cayuga/ runner cross females. I have 4 of them. I am also bringing a black swedish female and 2 blue pearl drakes. I may have ducklings by this weekend, too!
I do have 4 sebastopol goslings now! I will bring them, but not the adult pair that I want to sell unless someone definately wants them.
I am also bringing button quail, and 2 female lovebirds that are driving my family nuts. And I have a ton of duck eggs. Maybe I'll have goose eggs by then, too!

Back
Top Bottom