What are people thinking these days? Venting time!

Demeaning to the animal? He's a dog. They roll in feces, dead animal carcasses, pretty much anything they can find...what's demeaning about trimming their hair or coloring them a certain color?

Demeaning to the animal? He's a dog. They roll in feces, dead animal carcasses, pretty much anything they can find...what's demeaning about trimming their hair or coloring them a certain color?

Looking at your avatar, I can see that you might agree with making animals look strange!
wink.png

You need to train your dog better.
lau.gif

Train my dog to do what exactly? Not be a dog? He's a dog, I hope he'll do dog things. Training him to not act like a dog is pointless. If I wanted a non doglike animal, I'd get something that wasn't a dog. I love Cricket. He has been through obedience training, and he follows commands. I've had him clipped in many different poodle styles. But in the end? He's a dog. I'm not going to give him a rubix cube and expect anything more than it to be chewed on. I'm also not going to pretend that non dyed chicks have any better chance of not ending up in the unskilled and uncaring hands than dyed ones. It's ridiculous. Dye them, don't dye them, there will still be people getting them as Easter playthings.

Train my dog to do what exactly? Not be a dog? He's a dog, I hope he'll do dog things. Training him to not act like a dog is pointless. If I wanted a non doglike animal, I'd get something that wasn't a dog. I love Cricket. He has been through obedience training, and he follows commands. I've had him clipped in many different poodle styles. But in the end? He's a dog. I'm not going to give him a rubix cube and expect anything more than it to be chewed on. I'm also not going to pretend that non dyed chicks have any better chance of not ending up in the unskilled and uncaring hands than dyed ones. It's ridiculous. Dye them, don't dye them, there will still be people getting them as Easter playthings.

goodpost.gif
thumbsup.gif

Okay, i've thought about it I agree with Em the fish lady in that the chicks could wind up in the wrong hands either way dyed or not.At first I was against it but from what i've read it doesn't harm the chicken, except for the owners and Em is right you can't screen every customer to see if they have enough sense to keep chickens.

Back
Top Bottom