What are these 2 exotics? (added onto order)

Megs501

Songster
7 Years
Mar 2, 2012
Flint Hills KS
My Coop
My Coop
Received our order of 60 meat chicks today. They sent a lot of extras, and added in a few exotics. Any idea what they are? I am thinking cochins of some kind? =/

I am not sure the second isnt just a cornish cross, but with the dark stripe I thought maybe not?

Thanks yall!

17523074_10212197094992171_3515220556938008815_n.jpg

17553421_10212197095112174_6464736498664327591_n.jpg

aaah! ok thank you. I couldn't tell by the pictures that the Cochins had feathered feet. Thank you. I guess we will see in a few weeks what they turn out to be. =)

What hatchery? MMM?

I think the first bird is a cuckoo Marans. If it has pink/white skin and a straight comb, that's your bird.

the second chick looks like a splash something. could be an Andalusian, they come in black/blue/splash.

Oooh THANK YOU! I think MMM Is McMurray? If so, yes.

We won't eat them. haha I think I am going to go to tractor supply and get 2-3 more laying chicks to go with them. They will have to move to their own brooder here soon, cause the cornish X will get BIG fast.

The first guy has a straight comb for sure, and light feet, but I will check what color. Eeee! That's exciting.

I wonder if the second is a rooster? =/ I wouldnt mind keeping one nice rooster, but not sure about 2. We had to cull or EE roos, but I have read EE Roos are mean anyway. They were horrible with my kids (duh), but did good with their girls..

Do you know if those breeds are good as roosters? Thanks so much for helping me ID them!

I don't think MMM sells lavender orpingtons. It does look like a splash something, so it could be an andulasian. Cuckoo Marans are great roosters. I have one, and he is the best rooster I have ever had. He is not particularly people friendly, but he chases the coyotes and warns the hens about any predators. He is gentle with the hens too.

Back
Top Bottom