What are these?

Thanks for the additional pictures, they made all the difference!

I agree, dark Brahmas. I'm not so in love with the males of this color, but personally I think the females are simply gorgeous!

Brahmas are known for being pretty docile and you can sure have more than one rooster in a flock, but you need to keep an eye on the hens and make sure they're not getting stressed by being overmated.

DarkBrahCkl.JPEG
SquintBack.JPEG
DkBrahPrHeads.JPEG

pictures from feathersite.com

SquintBack.JPEG

And this is why I secretly hope my Grange orders dark Brahmas so I can "accidently" buy some....but no, they always order light Brahmas. Oh well, here in Mudville I don't need anymore feather footed birds anyway. But talk about eye candy
droolin.gif

SquintBack.JPEG

And this is why I secretly hope my Grange orders dark Brahmas so I can "accidently" buy some....but no, they always order light Brahmas. Oh well, here in Mudville I don't need anymore feather footed birds anyway. But talk about eye candy :drool  
That is a beautiful hen! Oh I hope mine is just as lovely! I have 2 other peeps I can't identify. One is a silkie "Lady Gaga" and the other is a furry legged bantam "Butterscotch".

Lady Gaga has serious hair do issues! But she is my favorite. She has neat little ear tufts also.
Any ideas?

possible silver partridge and a gold laced cochin
wow! I think you're right! I hope she turns out that pretty. I see the same markings on her as in the photos. She came in the shipment at the feed store being the only one like that among 150+ peeps. Everyone that came in passed her up because of her vaulted skull. The workers said people thought something was wrong with her but I remember seeing this before from when I was younger. I thought she was the most adorable peep I ever saw. I'm really happy I decided to get her. She's still my favorite out of all of my chickens.

My kids rubbed her head and called her big brains and said she was going to be the smartest chick around! Everyone just loves her and she's very sweet!

Back
Top Bottom