what are they? ?

Looks like the old Blue Footed Booby to me.
gig.gif

Young male IB black shoulder peacocks have Blue leeeeegs !
sickbyc.gif

Some thing like that !

Oh you mean a greyish-blue leg coloring? That could be a hard way to sex young peafowl because from what I have seen, spalding peafowl will have grey legs even as chicks, and thus even peahens could have grey legs with even a bit of green blood in them. Even if you are sold "Pure IB Blackshoulder peachicks" there is always a chance of them having a bit of green blood.

Oh you mean a greyish-blue leg coloring? That could be a hard way to sex young peafowl because from what I have seen, spalding peafowl will have grey legs even as chicks, and thus even peahens could have grey legs with even a bit of green blood in them. Even if you are sold "Pure IB Blackshoulder peachicks" there is always a chance of them having a bit of green blood.
...in USA !

White spalding and Pied spalding haven white legs !

Last edited:
Probably in Australia and parts of Asia you have to watch for spalding birds as well. I can't speak for all of Europe but Europe does seem to have some very good serious aviculturists keeping very fine birds and facilities.

I do agree that white Spaldings will have white legs, but I do not agree with Spalding Pieds having white legs. I think that pied birds can be pied on their legs as well. Maybe some Spalding pieds just happen to have white markings on their legs. The whole reason why I think my pied peahen is a spalding is because she has very dark legs. I was looking at her legs just today as she stood next to an India Blue peacock. Her legs are definitely darker. They are a dark brown/grey color far different than the other birds and her son has dark legs too but not as dark as hers. I will have to get a close up photo and put it with a photo of my India Blue peacock's legs to show you.
This photo shows her legs but I will get a close up of her legs.

There are Spalding and .... Spalding!
For me the interesting Spaldings are from 50% to high percentage .... the rest is a mixture!
Here a young Spalding Pied High poucentage ... legs are white!

To produce High %tage of Spalding peafowl , in theory there were 2 times the intervention of pure green blood ... and legs are always white!

But you know.... The more important thing for the the legs ... is that they must be enough long to touch the ground !
lau.gif

I would love to see a picture of this beautiful bird today .... adult!

Back
Top Bottom