What are you baking now?

Sugar choco-bite cookies! Forgot the recipe just tossed some flour and eggs together! And yeastless herb bread! Yummy! I need more tips on what easy desserts to bake for a friend who's going 2 college soon any ideas?

Oh and I've got a ton of phyllo dough
wink.png

Last edited:
Mmmmm that bread looks good! Key Lime cake? Sounds yummy!

Ok, today I experimented. I had heard about a fantastic pastry on a Food Network program that sounded to die for! So DH and I took the detour to buy this delicacy when we were passing through Salt Lake City. The pastries were tiny and they were $6 each! Thought they were going to be great though. NOT!!! They were just puff pastry, scrunched up and stuck in a muffin pan, with a little sweetness and a little salt added. HUGE disappointment! It did however inspire me.

Today I took puff pastry (ready made and frozen from the grocery store), defrosted it, cut each piece into 9 pieces (18 total), buttered a muffin pan (12 muffin size), folded the puff pastry a little and filled each cup with 1 sheet. Then I melted some butter (1 cube) with honey (~1 cup), lemon zest of 2 lemons (and a small squeeze of lemon juice) and 2 tablespoons of Amaretto in the microwave for 2 minutes (stirring well halfway through). I put a little of the honey mixture into each cup on top of the pastry, then took the remaining 6 squares of pastry, cut them in half, and then scrunched them a little and placed in each cup on top of the first piece and the honey mixture.
I then baked at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Once nicely browned, I removed from the oven and spooned remaining honey mixture over the pastries and followed with a nice kosher salt sprinkled over the warm pastry.

Now these are to die for!!! I need a name for these! Anybody? The dominate flavor is the honey. There were only 4 left by this evening (we had a couple over to visit this afternoon) and they were cold by then, but I got a pic...

41069_puff_pastries2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Those look awesome!
droolin.gif
I use puff pastry sheets to make apple pastries. I think I'll modify that recipe and try putting an apple slice in a little muffin cup with the pastry and see how they turn out.

Quote:
Those look awesome!
droolin.gif
I use puff pastry sheets to make apple pastries. I think I'll modify that recipe and try putting an apple slice in a little muffin cup with the pastry and see how they turn out.

Oh these would be great with some apple!

Quote:
lau.gif

Thank you Arabianequine and OutInTheStiks!!! I'm torn now! I love Honey Twists and Honey Roses! They both describe them very well and are cute and easy to remember names! Which do I use?!!
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom