What are you baking now?

Quote:
NO fair, you must post recipe for something that interesting. Maybe we should be posting pics as it makes it much more interesting to see what the results will look like?
droolin.gif

I cooked up the three final pumpkins and pureed then for pie, muffins, etc. I froze 10 2 cup containers. Then I made Pumpkin Crockpot Pudding that tastes like Pumpkin pie without the crust.

PUMPKIN CROCKPOT PUDDING
1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
1 scant tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 can evaporated milk (12 ounces)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup biscuit mix
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
Preparation:
Spray the slow cooker crock with non-stick spray or lightly oil the inside.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand-held mixer at low to medium speed, beat ingredients together until smooth.
Pour the mixture into the prepared crockpot.
Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or cook on High 3 to 4 hours.
Spoon into cups and top with whipped topping or a lightly spiced whipped cream.
Serves 6.

I bake every week. We also sell at farmers markets. Many of our regulars pick up breads or goodies from us while shopping our meats and produce. Currently I'm stocking up on quick breads that freeze nicely - for holiday sales.

Each Friday I bake breads for Sat morning sales. I'll try to get some pics this week.

Pumpkin Roll

3 eggs 1Teasp. baking powder 2/3 cup of pumpkin
1 Cup of sugar 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ginger 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg ( I grate fresh) and 3/4 cup of flour.

I spray a cookie sheet with a type of Pam, cover it with waxed paper and then spray the wax paper with Pam again.
I have a tea towel laid out on the table and sprinkle it well with confectionary sugar.
Combine all ingredients till thick and creamy. Spread on to cookie sheet. Bake @ 400` for 15 min. or until top springs back..test like you would any cake.
Flip the cake out onto the sugared towel and let cool completely.
Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese 1 Cup of confectionary sugar
4 tablespoons of melted butter 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Cream together till very creamy and spread on cake. Roll up like a jelly roll from the long end not the short. Cake most likely will break but just squeeze it a bit and it will be fine. I wrap mine in about three layers of plastic wrap tightly. When rolled up put in freezer till ready to serve. When serving dust it with powdered sugar(it will cover any cracks) and slice. YUM!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Didn't see you recipe when I replied to the post. Thanks its the next one I'll try.

Sandee

Sorry, Sandee, I edited my post to add the recipe that is why you didn't see it. It is Giada's from FoodTV. Love her recipes!

I love Giada too! She is so beautiful and wonderful down to earth person and chef.

Do you make one large log when you make your Biscotti and cut straight across for cookies? The recipe that I used wanted two 12x2 logs and cut on the diagonal - it made for different size cookies and some really small pieces - which of course I had to sample to make sure they tasted good.

When you add the sugar for decorations - how and when do you add to get it to stick? So many questions - sorry.

Sandee

Quote:
Don't you just love All Recipes.com. I have one of their cookbooks and think that another will have to go on my Christmas wish list.

I printed both of these recipes. Might have to make carrot cake without coconut since husband is not a fan of it. But then again maybe make and eat myself
lau.gif

I think this thread will definitely have an effect on my hips!!
barnie.gif

Sandee

This is not good. I'm on a diet to drop 20 lbs (got 10 off already) and now a baking thread!!! It's killing me. You guys have so many good recipes I'm drooling
droolin.gif
and have tears in my eyes just reading them!

Yet I can't bring myself to look away
hide.gif
Oh the torture (keep it up guys!)
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom