What are you baking now?

Quote:
Ditto! Do we have a recipe for this?

BettyR next time use buttermilk if they call for water or regular milk, it will make them more moist. I also fill mine with a vanilla custard (or use a thick pudding). They are to die for! And of course cream cheese frosting with real vanilla beans.
droolin.gif

chicks4kids thank you for that recipe!!! I've not had an oreo cookie since I gave up transfats (I will use all butter for the filling instead of shortening). Now I can indulge again!
ya.gif

Banana Blueberry Bread--This is a many, many years in the making family favorite for my family... incredibly moist...

1 c. sugar
1/3 c. butter-soft
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1/3 c. water
1 2/3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 ziploc snack size baggie blueberries...or 1 c.

Mix sugar and butter. Then add eggs. Mix. Then and bananas and water. Then add flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add blueberries last. (They can be thawed or frozen-doesn't matter). Bake at 350* in a greased and floured pan for roughly an hour. Makes 1 loaf.

Last edited:
I am just going to say, I made some banana peanut butter whoopie pies with fudge filling. I've named them "The King's Whoppie Pies"! YUM!

tongue.png

Quote:
Ditto! Do we have a recipe for this?

BettyR next time use buttermilk if they call for water or regular milk, it will make them more moist. I also fill mine with a vanilla custard (or use a thick pudding). They are to die for! And of course cream cheese frosting with real vanilla beans.
droolin.gif

chicks4kids thank you for that recipe!!! I've not had an oreo cookie since I gave up transfats (I will use all butter for the filling instead of shortening). Now I can indulge again!
ya.gif

Banana Blueberry Bread--This is a many, many years in the making family favorite for my family... incredibly moist...

1 c. sugar
1/3 c. butter-soft
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1/3 c. water
1 2/3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 ziploc snack size baggie blueberries...or 1 c.

Mix sugar and butter. Then add eggs. Mix. Then and bananas and water. Then add flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add blueberries last. (They can be thawed or frozen-doesn't matter). Bake at 350* in a greased and floured pan for roughly an hour. Makes 1 loaf.

Thank you! I can't wait to try this!
smile.png

A.T. Hagan :

Four loaves of whole wheat bread in the oven right now smelling up the house something wonderful.

There is NOTHING that says "home" like the smell of bread baking in the oven.

That's for sure!​

Homework.

I wish I could toss it in the oven and forget about it.
roll.png

I dont have any plans to bake today, but I have a box full of walnuts and a bag full of pecans that need to be cracked, and my mom has been begging for some walnut chocolate chip cookies. We cut most sweets because my dad, brother and I are all in a weight loss competition and my mom is suffering the most.
lol.png
We'll see, I have to finish this paper first. I do have jerky in the dehydrator though!

Back
Top Bottom