What are you baking now?

Quote:
Don't you just LOVE Impossible Pies!
wee.gif

I sure do! They're so yummy! And easy!

I have dough on it's second rise now. In an hour I'm going to fold and let it rise again. I'm so excited... going to make some baguettes to turn into garlic bread with dinner.
big_smile.png

I just pulled some baked apple french toast out of the oven.

Tomorrow morning, every one will just cut their piece and microwave it.

Breakfast, wonderful breakfast, made tonight for a quick bite in the morning.

Quote:
I've made the PW recipe a few times. They are sooo good, and I'm not even a sweet eater. I made the whole recipe, in metal pie tins, and froze all the extras. I found that they do need a longer bake than she recommends when they're frozen. I brought a few pans to work and baked them while we were in line-up, and one of the guys asked me to make him some for home. The maple extract really does add to the flavor of the icing. What I did differently was used softened butter rather than melted. The melted made such an incredible mess. Softened butter was easier to contain and control.

Quote:
I think I'll make it again eventually with the maple frosting. My family is picky, so I don't think most of them will try them, but my husband's family will. If I make them around drill weekend, his soldiers will eat them too.
big_smile.png

I used softened butter too, I forgot to mention that. I wasn't willing to clean up the mess that would have resulted from that much melted butter.
Most recipes I post on here are either PW's or from Tasty Kitchen...I just love those sites.

Quote:
Don't you just LOVE Impossible Pies!
wee.gif

I sure do! They're so yummy! And easy!

Well, I made the impossible pumpkin pie and it was a bit hit! DELICIOUS and so easy! It kind of makes it's own crust, and slices just like a pie. I had to use the Libby's pre-spiced pumpkin because that's all the grocery store had, so I didn't need to put in all the spices, but it turned out very well, and I'll make that again.

The goal this weekend is to make a couple homemade apple pies all from scratch! We have sooo many apples from our orchard I dont know what to do with all of them!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom