green beans
mac and cheese
fancy sweet potatoes
cranberry sauce
rolls
pumpkin pie
cheese cake
pecan pie

i haven't made my list but now is as good a time as ever to start.

turkey
gravy (i got a gravy boat to match my new chicken dishes)
stuffing
mashed potatos
rolls
mac and cheese
green bean casserole
deviled eggs
cranberry sauce
sweet potatos with the marshmellows on top (yuck)
pumpkin pie
another dessert (?) prob something for little kids

frow.gif
I go to my parents and in-laws for the holiday (weather permitting)
I do always take food, drinks, etc....
Here for our church socials this year I'm making:
Turkey or Ham (I rotate with another dear lady)
Dressing
Sweet Potato Casserole (I top mine with and pecans and a little marshmellow on the edges for my son)
Chicken and Dumplings
And cakes and pies

I will have to make this twice this year due to a Sectional banquet coming to our church. Plus the ladies banquet.

big_smile.png
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
frow.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey-my dad is trying out his new beer butt turkey roster we got him! YUM!
Dressing-one cornbread, one just bread for my dad
cranberry salad
sweet potatoes
-with the praline topping, not the marshmallows
corn
green bean casserole
-my own recipe...no cream of mushroom soup in it
giblet gravy
corn
rolls
PIES PIES PIES!!!
-this will include at least 2 of the following, and is not a complete list...apple, pumpkin, pecan, chocolate, lemon, coconut.

It seems like I am forgetting something, but we'll figure it out, later! LOL!

We eat about 2 pm, so we'll have a snack tray out from breakfast til noon. It usually includes deer summer sausage my dad makes, cheese cubes, and deviled eggs.

S

I just dont know what we will be doing for thanksgiving.. we have half of the kids.. we could do a small turkey but I really want to have a big dinner here and invite lots of people. But everyone I have asked already has other plans.

but it will be turkey
stuffing.. hopefully oyster, and maybe a walnut cranberry.
cranberry sauce.
yams.. agree no marshmellows.. would love the recipe for parlene topping..
mashed potatoes
gravy (made with drippings, nummmmmmm)
green bean caserole... would also love that recipe to make without cream of mushroom soup.
rolls
and lots of deserts..

idunno.gif
I came here for IDEA'S

gig.gif
We're going to family, but I always take two or three sides. This year one has to be a Birthday Cake - my little one's b'day!
wee.gif

My Thanksgiving menu:

Roast Turkey w/Giblet Gravy
Dressing
Streuseled Sweet Potato Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Corn (frozen, from my in-laws garden)
Brussels Sprouts w/pecans
Green Beans
Cranberry-Orange Salad
Whole Cranberry Sauce (Homemade)
Cranberry Jelly (from the can)
Homemade bread (my mother-in-law)
Pecan, Pumpkin and Dutch Apple Pies

If you want to read more about it, go to my blog: www.bearswampreflections.blogspot.com

Quote:
The praline topping is super easy!

Take 3/4 stick of butter (softened)
1/2 cup of flour (I use self-rising)
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
3/4 cup pecans

mix everything but the pecans. when it is about the consistency of cookie dough, mix in the pecans. Pinch off pieces and flatten them out, lay them over the sweet potato mix, til they are almost touching. Cook at 350 degrees til bubbly. Make sure you seal the edges and you will get caramel threading through this. I usually double the recipe for the topping for a 9x12 pan.

I also use this same topping for an apple berry pie. Just use a regular bottom crust, make an apple filling, mix in cranberries, blueberries, or both! Then top with the praline. It is WONDERFUL!

The Green Bean Casserole is very different than anything you've ever had! And, you just have to trust me that it is good! LOL!

You can use either regular or french cut beans. French work better, but we like the texture of the regular ones.

Use about 1/2 package of bacon for 2-3 cans of beans. Chop this up and fry til crisp. Turn heat down. Take about 1/2 -3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar and mix in with the bacon. Sprinkle about 1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder into this. you should get a nice brown glaze. pour in the drained green beans and toss lightly to coat. Add about 2/3 of a medium container of sour cream to this. I eyeball everything, so the measurements aren't exact. You want a nice even coat of sour cream, but not too much. This takes the place of mushroom soup. Then, you put in your baking dish. Top with shredded mozzarella and shredded parmesan. If you can find the Italian blend cheese, that is the best. Sprinkle french fried onions over the top. Cook at 350 degrees til the cheese starts to brown.

S

Back
Top Bottom