what are you growing this year?

You might benefit from "The square foot garden". Gardens are very strange pieces of real estate. In the spring, they are too small. In the summer and fall, they are too big, then, as soon as the ground freezes, they again become too small, until summer rolls around again.

I have strawberries, spinach, lettuce, kale, peas, onions, carrots, and chard all growing right now. Summer garden is always the same, tomatoes, okra, green beans, black beans, peppers, squash, and a lot of herbs.

My husband raises fruit trees, I always looking forward to fresh, ripe fruit!

sweet  and hot peppers. and for my first time ghost chili peppers. I want to see if they are as hot as they say.

Yes they are. I would start with habaneros first. I have a few seeds if you want. Plus it took me 2 years to get pods on my ghost.

I never imagined i would ever grow this many but my list gets bigger every year. Waiting on a big order from bountiful garden of heirloom seeds. This year i will have, pickling cukes and regular, pintobean, green bean, sugar beets, carrots, peas, 2 lettuce, broccoli, celery, cabbage, kale, onion, grren onion, welsh onion, butternut squash, acorn squash, 2 types pumpkin, watermelon, charentais melon, 5 types of tomato, grren pepper, hot pepper, radish, sweet corn, ground cherry i think thats all the veggies. Will also have alfalfa, barley, oats, rye, wheat, amaranth, buckwheat, flax, millet, corn, teff, sunflower and BOSS. Also got huckleberry and rhubarb started allready. And have some new herbs in the order. Hopefully i dont run out of room.

Oh and swiss chard. And maybe tomatillos. Hoping to get another grape vine this year and more blueberries. Got a greenhouse now i just need to get the bananas. Black and red raspberries, and the strawberries are doing great. Need a pollinator for my cherries this year too.

Yes they are. I would start with habaneros first. I have a few seeds if you want. Plus it took me 2 years to get pods on my ghost.
I have been growing habaneros for years, peppers grow very well in our area, whatever is in the soil they do very well on. Just a few plants gives all we need for a year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom