WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

Sadly Teeni died last night, oddly enough she had a great last evening she had Mash (thank you cafarmgirl!) it was the only thing small enough I think she could eat she was drinking out of the poultry nipple and shoving her big personality and tiny tiny body into the middle of the flock it was fun to watch I wish I could have seen more.

Thank you Jewellan for checking in multiple times, Thank you Leahleflre and Thank you Realtree4

This has been hard I have made mistakes and in retrospect I would do more asking then reading online too many varying opinions and me being my first flock and first sick bird I did what I could. Thank you all for your help.
hit.gif

My next posts will be of my other beautiful baby birds, now I have time to get to know them and have a fun little birdie family!

love.gif
This is my finger next to her to show how tiny she was and this was her favorite spot in my hand next to my body

Sadly Teeni died last night, oddly enough she had a great last evening she had Mash (thank you cafarmgirl!) it was the only thing small enough I think she could eat she was drinking out of the poultry nipple and shoving her big personality and tiny tiny body into the middle of the flock it was fun to watch I wish I could have seen more. Thank you Jewellan for checking in multiple times, Thank you Leahleflre and Thank you Realtree4 This has been hard I have made mistakes and in retrospect I would do more asking then reading online too many varying opinions and me being my first flock and first sick bird I did what I could. Thank you all for your help. :hit My next posts will be of my other beautiful baby birds, now I have time to get to know them and have a fun little birdie family! :love This is my finger next to her to show how tiny she was and this was her favorite spot in my hand next to my body
I'm really sorry! It's so hard to lose little ones! Thankfully she had you to take care of her. Some chicks just don't make it....and that's not your "fault"! Don't beat yourself up for any mistakes that you think you may have made. You did what you knew to do at the time and you gave it your all! :hugs

Sadly Teeni died last night, oddly enough she had a great last evening she had Mash (thank you cafarmgirl!) it was the only thing small enough I think she could eat she was drinking out of the poultry nipple and shoving her big personality and tiny tiny body into the middle of the flock it was fun to watch I wish I could have seen more.

I'm so very very sorry for your loss...she fought the good fight...

Give lots of hugs and loves to your other little ones today...

Thank you Jewellan for checking in multiple times, Thank you Leahleflre and Thank you Realtree4

This has been hard I have made mistakes and in retrospect I would do more asking then reading online too many varying opinions and me being my first flock and first sick bird I did what I could. Thank you all for your help.
hit.gif

My next posts will be of my other beautiful baby birds, now I have time to get to know them and have a fun little birdie family!

love.gif
This is my finger next to her to show how tiny she was and this was her favorite spot in my hand next to my body

I am so sorry for your loss
hit.gif

Ok I am not sure if this counts, but I am expecting 10 Brown Leghorn Bantams (although apparently they are in between normal size and Bantams if that can be done) and one rooster of the same on Tuesday, not shipped but my sister is picking them up and bringing them to me so I am excited.

One question though, how soon after getting them will the eggs be fertile? The rooster and hens come from the same place but not sure if housed together?

Ok I am not sure if this counts, but I am expecting 10 Brown Leghorn Bantams (although apparently they are in between normal size and Bantams if that can be done) and one rooster of the same on Tuesday, not shipped but my sister is picking them up and bringing them to me so I am excited.

One question though, how soon after getting them will the eggs be fertile? The rooster and hens come from the same place but not sure if housed together?
Your birds will be stressed from the move and most likely will need some time to get used to their new surroundings. More than likely they will be "off lay" for a little while, but then you never know...you might get an egg the day they arrive...silly chickens! As for fertility of the eggs, just watch your roo...and see what he's "up to" !!
ya.gif

So I have gotten my incubator and I have a few question.

Firstly it is a JN106 and the instructions say it is suggested to place the incubator in the foam and packing box to keep warm and save electricity and it is good for even temperature.
Those of you that have used an incubator before, do you do this or will it be fine outside of the box?

One thing that is concerning me is that the water container to apparently control the humidity sticks out a little so air can get into the bottom of the incubator.

I am too scared to push it too far in as I did that when it had no water in it and it went all the way in and it was hard getting back out
hide.gif

It doesn't come with anything to measure humidity, just says to check water level in container every 2-3 days.
Is this safe or should I get something to measure humidity level? Not that I know what I'm looking for LOL

BTW, I will posting this in the proper area also
cool.png

I have no idea...http://www.petandgarden.com.au/48-egg-fully-automatic-poultry-incubator-clone.html is that the one ?
I have 2 of the yellow 48 egg two different styles.. and on the incubator I leave the foam on it helps keep the temp stable,the one i use as a hatcher i do not but mine both have little plugs that you can just remove to fill the bottom or just open the lid to fill..i would run it for a couple days with out see if the temp is stable if not try the foam..
try starting your own thread with a picture of it..maybe someone has one..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom