What breed/sex is this duck?

Sunshine1321

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 21, 2013
I'm pretty new to ducks so I don't know too much about them yet, I picked up some ducks at my local farm store but I'm not sure exactly how to tell them apart as for sex and 1 I'm not sure the breed, ok so here they are:

These are my oldest 5 and please please correct me if I'm wrong!
The one Rouen I'm guessing is a female, do the males take more time to develop color? I think we have 2 females Pekins although I don't know how to tell them apart, I can try to get better pictures of just those two if I need to, I don't know what the one laying down in front of the Pekin is, I'll post a bigger picture of her and the 1 Khakai Campbell female right?

Here's the one I don't know the breed, is it a welsh harlequin female?

And here are my little ones:

Here I've got 2 Ancona Ducks, 2 Rouens and 1 more the the breed I'm not sure of.

If you could help me out on the 1 breed and the sex of them I would be amazingly thankful!

in the first pic, the rouen on the left is a drake. He will color up in a couple of months.

Clint

You are right with the breeds,and about their gender,at about 7-8 weeks the males will have a curl on their tail.You can also vent sex them or listen them,females quack males grunt.

You are right with the breeds,and about their gender,at about 7-8 weeks the males will have a curl on their tail.You can also vent sex them or listen them,females quack males grunt.
They both pretty much quack, esp when I pick them up! So the one is a Welsh?

Females quack the males will be a more husky type voice, drake curls do come in but that is later... i agree with the breed suggestions.. not to sure on the one either, what breed did the person/shop have?

They are all adorable! regardless of who they are lol

Last edited:
Females quack the males will be a more husky type voice, drake curls do come in but that is later... i agree with the breed suggestions.. not to sure on the one either, what breed did the person/shop have?

They are all adorable! regardless of who they are lol

They were just hatchery choice, so a mix of whatever they sent to the store. The girl that works there said that the hatchery said they didn't have any of the Welshes to send, so that's why I'm not really sure on Oreo, I can't really find a duck that looks like him/her exactly

I agree with your breed suggestions. That one looks really similar to one of my welsh harlequin females. You should figure out which hatchery it was and check online if they do because welsh harlequins are a pretty popular breed for a hatchery to have.

Back
Top Bottom