What Breed Was Your "Free" Murray McMurray Bird?

Mmh actually listed my freebies on my order label (thats a first! )

1 sultan st run
1 black langshans

Gasp.... ooooh my god! Running around in circles. Not an ee this time!!

I ordered the 25 assorted feather-legged bantam and they sent me a LF EE. Didn't know if it was a boy or girl-- didn't keep it long enough to find out. But..... Couldn't they have figured out if I ordered the BANTAM assortment that's ALL I wanted???

As far as I'm concerned, it's a miracle anyone orders from that hell-hole. They used to be a very respectable hatchery but in the last to years, they have gone to a lot of 'drop shipping' and who knows what the individual practices of those smaller farms are...

Good luck to all...

RON

They threw in 2 free exotic chicks in my order of 26. One was an EE and the other was an egyption. Both roosters!! The Egyption was beautiful and the fasting crowing bird I have ever seen. He was trying to crow well before he was feathered out. I would have kept him but he was the noisiest rooster i have ever had so he had to go.

They threw in 2 free exotic chicks in my order of 26. One was an EE and the other was an egyption. Both roosters!! The Egyption was beautiful and the fasting crowing bird I have ever seen. He was trying to crow well before he was feathered out. I would have kept him but he was the noisiest rooster i have ever had so he had to go.

I had a dozen Egyptians last year.. your right the boys were crowing at only a few weeks old but mine were SUPER agressive. The hens were horrible. They were more like a pack of feral dogs than a flock of hens. I will never have them again!!

Ours was a Golden Laced Polish. Unfortunately he didn't make it past 16 days but he was a cutie while we had him!
5cc95z.jpg

I just ordered mine, I don't know what i'll get, I just hope it's not a rooster, I live in town and you can't have roosters in town
D.gif

I received two orders this Spring. One order I received a Cuckoo Maran cockerel. He died suddenly at 2 months of age. Not sure why as everyone else is fine? With the second order, I received a Golden Laced Wyandotte. This is also a rooster. Last year I received an EE rooster and Silver Leghorn rooster. In 2012, I received a Silver Grey Dorking rooster. Guess they rarely send pullets?

Back
Top Bottom