What Breeds are these?

MammaBear

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 25, 2011
SW PA
As is my norm, I lept before I looked and bought 13 poults at the auction. I have no idea what type they are and they are probably crosses. Does anyone have any idea what breed/s they may be or even sightly resemble? They are about 4 1/2 weeks old. When I got them on Labor Day they were mostly all fluff with just a very few bigger feathers.

388.jpg

390.jpg

389.jpg

Well,

I don't think you just have a mix of broad-breasted white and BB bronze. The top picture, front to back, looks like a white, a bronze, and another white. There is a third white displaying in the back. These four birds appear much larger than the other six in the picture. The other six also show more interesting colors. Unfortunatley, they are all kind of far away and at bad angles for me to really see what they look like. The whites with some dark on their backs may be sweetgrass. The browner ones with lighter backs could possible be Narragansett. Again, the pictures of the smaller birds aren't really good for ID, especially at this young age. Or as you say, they may be mutts!
smile.png

Maybe some more pictures of the smaller birds, with some good side shots to show different colors.

I took a few more today with the camera phone. I will drag out the good camera this weekend and get a few more. I hope these will help....

farmfrmphone022.jpg

farmfrmphone020.jpg

farmfrmphone006.jpg

farmfrmphone030.jpg

farmfrmphone075.jpg

Back
Top Bottom