What Color is your Coop???

So I painted the coop ... the color " Buttercup " was called poop and UW colors.. we are a WSU family LOL.. SO the gold was re-painted dark teal... this is the end result.. a few more things to tweak . window panes being removed to be able to put in screening and all new locks .

So glad its finished.. BUT onto the next coop ! LOL

can wait to see it finshed
woot.gif

So I painted the coop ... the color " Buttercup " was called poop and UW colors.. we are a WSU family LOL.. SO the gold was re-painted dark teal... this is the end result.. a few more things to tweak . window panes being removed to be able to put in screening and all new locks . So glad its finished.. BUT onto the next coop ! LOL
Love it :D! I want a bigger duck house 1 day :)!

There is an extension to the right, but they are only allowed out in that section if we are out there with them. My 13 yo daughter is painting this side, but she isn't done yet.

I painted the back reeds & cat-tails to camouflage it from the road & human predators.

It's an altered rabbit hutch & pen. The bottom of the pen has 1/2 wire mesh & 1/2 chicken wire to see which works best :).

This is the inside. The broiler pan works wonders to reduce mess :)!! My KC female LOVES the parrot toy, especially @ night. I attached it to the roof, so if something tries to open the top (good luck w/ the locks :) ) the jingling bell will hopefully detour them. I removed the nesting boxes bc they are only 7 wks old & still love to huddle together.

There is an extension to the right, but they are only allowed out in that section if we are out there with them. My 13 yo daughter is painting this side, but she isn't done yet.

I painted the back reeds & cat-tails to camouflage it from the road & human predators.

It's an altered rabbit hutch & pen. The bottom of the pen has 1/2 wire mesh & 1/2 chicken wire to see which works best
smile.png

This is the inside. The broiler pan works wonders to reduce mess
smile.png
!! My KC female LOVES the parrot toy, especially @ night. I attached it to the roof, so if something tries to open the top (good luck w/ the locks
smile.png
) the jingling bell will hopefully detour them. I removed the nesting boxes bc they are only 7 wks old & still love to huddle together.
What a great set up ! I am picking up crate #2 today.. its brown so I am going to be painting it to match the first one :)
will post pictures when i can. I did not think about toys how fun is that !

White and and a lot of gray where the paint has come off (it's the one in my avatar). My dad built it as a brooder house in 1959 and after many years as a tool shed and wood storage, it has been repurposed as a coop once again.

Last edited:
The nice one is red with white trim, double paned windows and all that jazz. The bigger one is a combination of red, white trim, missing paint, unpainted add-ons, dirty translucent corrugated roof panels and still has a God awful blue tarp over the run from Winter time. Guess it's time to break out the 5-gal buckets of paint one of these fine weekends...

I just picked up my second coop. Its brown with white trim.. going to clean it and paint is DK teal with Grey trim. to match my other coop that is Grey with deep purple trim and dk teal doors.. Ran out of the mulberry.. aka purple.. EXCITED

Back
Top Bottom