What did you do in the garden today?

I just came back from the village to grab some zippers from the charity shop (I was out).
And the child that was in there needed a good, well, we wouldn't be sitting down for a week had any of us pulled this.
He was screaming at the top of his lungs at his mom (he was 9 ish) "I didn't get ANYTHING I wanted for Christmas and I'm not leaving without this chair!" (gaming floor chair) "It's ONLY $40! $40 mom. That's nothing!"
It was all I could do to bite my tongue.
Obviously he got that way from her fine upbringing, but dang!
OC they left with the chair.

(Yes, I found zippers)

I just came back from the village to grab some zippers from the charity shop (I was out).
And the child that was in there needed a good, well, we wouldn't be sitting down for a week had any of us pulled this.
He was screaming at the top of his lungs at his mom (he was 9 ish) "I didn't get ANYTHING I wanted for Christmas and I'm not leaving without this chair!" (gaming floor chair) "It's ONLY $40! $40 mom. That's nothing!"
It was all I could do to bite my tongue.
Obviously he got that way from her fine upbringing, but dang!
OC they left with the chair.

(Yes, I found zippers)
Ugh. My youngest was born autistic and I'll never forget one time when she was little. I'd taken her into a gift shop and she got upset because I wouldn't let her have something she wanted. So I tossed her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes and carried her kicking, screaming and biting right out and to the car. She was still non-verbal back then so I never heard her thoughts about it...but she never did that again. It was mortifying, but I would have been more ashamed had she gotten what she wanted by acting that way.
She's a wonderful young adult now that any mother would be proud of. Helpful, thoughtful, loving, confident, with good self control. I feel sorry for that woman's son.

That was probably an overshare, but Oooo your post pushed some buttons!

Last edited:
Ugh. My youngest was born autistic and I'll never forget one time when she was little. I'd taken her into a gift shop and she got upset because I wouldn't let her have something she wanted. So I tossed her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes and carried her kicking, screaming and biting right out and to the car. She was still non-verbal back then so I never heard her thoughts about it...but she never did that again. It was mortifying, but I would have been more ashamed had she gotten what she wanted by acting that way.
She's a wonderful young adult now that any mother would be proud of. Helpful, thoughtful, loving, confident, with good self control. I feel sorry for that woman's son.

That was probably an overshare, but Oooo your post pushed some buttons!
The other children with her had arm loads of wants too. He's just the one that screamed the loudest.
Dealing with autistic children is a whole different ballgame and a skill set of its own.
This child was not autistic (I sub in his school system (small village). Mom is her children's friend, not their mom.
I was still vibrating from his tantrum the whole way home. LOL

The other children with her had arm loads of wants too. He's just the one that screamed the loudest.
Dealing with autistic children is a whole different ballgame and a skill set of its own.
This child was not autistic (I sub in his school system (small village). Mom is her children's friend, not their mom.
I was still vibrating from his tantrum the whole way home. LOL
What I'd like to say to that mom isn't fit to print. Her poor kids are in for a rough life.

Back
Top Bottom