What did you do in the garden today?

Thank you! Here's what the lamp description is:

Monios-L T5 LED Grow Light, 4FT Full Spectrum Sunlight Replacement, 60W High Output​

I did raise it up a little. Do you think maybe 15 hours would be better?
I’m not an expert.l and all bulbs are different. Some need to be 4 inches away from plant and some can be several feet. Just look on package at their recommendation for height and for hours. I just know I “burned” my onions because they grew tall and fast and got too close before I adjusted.

Signs of spring and indoor grape cuttings.
DSCN1144.JPG
DSCN1141.JPG
DSCN1142.JPG
DSCN1143.JPG

This gave me an idea, I will pour some urine on a strip of cloth and dry it in the sun and then use it in my mosquito trap. I read that cats and dogs use their urine to leave their scent, so I will leave mine for the mosquitoes.
And, you'll give us a report of how it works...? I would try it for sure, if it does!

Harvest pineapple leaves and papaya leaves to make a tea helps eyesight according to internet articles. My garden was wacked by a weed eater so I'm gardening on a friend's property now! View attachment 3427617
Nice! Last year I got 2 store-bought pineapple tops to root. They developed suckers which I broke off and rooted. I now have 7 plants but they are still pretty small. I'm curious about the minimum container size a fully mature plant really needs. Do you know? I think I've got my plants in 9" pots right now?

Pruned fruit trees today - it is cold with spitting rain and wind. The trees are still dormant.

We cut off any dead branches, we cut off some long branches that were redundant/ existing in same space as another. The goal was to open up the middle an pick the main laterals - we focused on the Asian Pear (2) and the Apricot (2) as these are the ones with the most growth. But the 8 trees along the back driveway all got some attention. Unfortunately, we broke a branch off one of the Asian Pears, but hopefully it heals up ok. The Asian Pears were planted 5 years ago, and have been growing well. The apricots are maybe 3 years old, but one of them has grown amazingly well. The peach tree that we are not sure is going to make it is about 18" tall right now - as the rest of it was dead, but there are 3 healthy looking branches that are in good positions. It might get replaced - we will see what this season brings.

Next step is to spray Dormant oil sometime in the next couple weeks.

I did a search on if mosquitoes were attracted to human urine and found out that our sweat, saliva and urine has pheromones that attract mosquitoes. This gave me an idea, I will pour some urine on a strip of cloth and dry it in the sun and then use it in my mosquito trap. I read that cats and dogs use their urine to leave their scent, so I will leave mine for the mosquitoes. :lau

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
I got a better idea, I just hung my underwire on the chain above my mosquito trap. I'll replace it daily, its free mosquito bait.

Back
Top Bottom