What did you do in the garden today?

Our temps have been nice here in northern OK too. It's still getting too cold at night to plant out most stuff but the greenhouse works well for them. Trying to decide where the onions are going. Not supposed to plant them with the peas even though that would be ideal right now ... guess we'll probably stick them in the end of the asparagus bed.

Good Evening! Love reading what everyone's doing in their gardens! I'm SOOOOO anxious for spring to properly arrive. Sigh - gotta love Florida.
Hubby tilled up a very large spot at the front of our property, so today I started raking out all the grass clumps. He had gone over it several times, so the "clumps" were just the roots and dead grass - not hard raking. However, it started raining, so I had to stop. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Planted loads of seeds, some in the greenhouse and some in the house on my windowsills. Posted the rest of my seed orders. Last week I dug the veg plot and covered with plastic to try and stop it getting wetter. Still cold here, we may get a little snow again if forecast is right. So pleased to see a few flowers out, daffodils, primroses and miniture iris, spring is on it's way!

Did get my compost pile moved to the lower garden. Now I have room in the compost bin to start again!
celebrate.gif

My greenhouse collapsed today under the ice and snow we had ...bummer. luckily it didn't hurt any of the plants but it will take some major work to fix. Hopefully everything stayed warm enough through the singles digit temps we had last night. Sigh. The life of a gardener is full of gambles.

Hi, may I join in?

I'm in Southern California's High Desert, where we have had some crazy weather fluctuations lately! I have kale, swiss chard, onions, spinach, broccoli, cabbages, carrots, radishes and potatoes in the garden right now (some just planted, all covered in chicken enhanced straw). I have a little mini greenhouse with tomatoes, bell peppers, yellow squash and watermelon seeded. Just today I saw a watermelon sprouting up, so I am very happy! First thing from the greenhouse (first greenhouse too LOL).

Welcome Kian!! Always love to hear from other gardeners no matter where they are.

Well the greenhouse stayed above freezing last night despite the outside temps dropping to 15 degrees. Don't think we'll be moving the tomatoes out there for another couple of days though. They'll have to suffice with the kitchen lights. I've been getting teased on another thread (its' all good) that we're going to have to start a house gardening club for those of us who started seedlings a little too early this year and have them growing throughout our homes. Lol. A new way to ensure pest control ... grow in your living room.

Hi all,

First time posting in this thread. I haven't physically done much today, but I have been surfing online for an economical wildflower mix. I've got a patch of field I'd like to sow in wildflowers. That would be another great addition for my honeybees. I should also have an order coming from Indiana Berry, which I hope arrives today or tomorrow - blueberry and raspberry plants. I'll have more fruiting plants coming next month. Otherwise, just waiting for the weather to warm up before I start planting flowers around the house. Can't wait for spring and warmer weather!

Back
Top Bottom