What did you do with your first egg?

Oh yeah! You're the ducky mom who had just purchased some when I had joined and you asked if yours look like my girl when she was young.
frow.gif

Ahh I see, I have a Khaki and Pekin. I'm about 80% sure it was my Pekin because as I was told by @JadeComputerGal Khaki's don't start laying as soon as other breeds and there was a white feather by the egg.

If I said that, I don't know what I was thinking at the time. The only ducks I'm aware of that can start a little later than the normal 5-6 months are Muscovies, and I've seen people say their Muscovies started late in that window. Campbells will typically start laying somewhere in that 20-24 week period as long as they're healthy.

Well with that being said, if mine is like yours that almost a whole month further along than the Pekin. She laid it inside and that kind of shocked me.

This is about the best I can get when her sister is left in the bin quacking for her to come back. I can get some better shots tomorrow out in the day light but this is the best I can do right now.

Back
Top Bottom