What did you do with your flock today?

They went to their new home already ☹. I originally hatched them for a gal who wanted 6, though I thought was going to be a flake- being slow to respond to text and replied with single lines. I did not really want to sell to her. I gave her a heads up b4 they hatched and after they hatched. Waited 10 minutes then called another gal who wanted 2 for her daughters b-day and came right over after her daughters soccer practice. The REALLY, REALLY cool thing is she brought her dh who had volunteered at our house when we were just building our foundation. Great family ♡ and they wanted them all. The chicks became my way to thank him for his selfless help. A little karmatic balance. ♡♡♡
That’s great!! Nice when they have a committed owners that want them! 😍

@kurby22 I'm sorry about your sweetheart and hope you feel better soon. :hugs
Your little Bruno looks so happy guarding the door 😂

@TropicalBabies such beautiful babies!❤️ I'm glad they have a good home already. Your cloudy sky pic is gorgeous...I wouldn't mind going back 30 years and finding a way to live in Hawaii. What a beautiful beautiful land.

@Gammas Bearded Babies good job! All I have to trap here are rock squirrels and they're so not dangerous! They only eat my garden, chicken feed and a rare egg. But they do make holes that let snakes in. Glad you got the bad boys ❤️

Sorry I’ve been MIA, but this has been a very difficult week! The stomach bug has not gone away, but hasn’t been quite as painful and yesterday I was able to eat food. However today things feel less great and I am wishing I’d gone to the doctor instead of “waiting” for it to go away on its own.

To add to my misery…I had to rely on the kids to do chicken checks since moving around has been very difficult. And they didn’t pay enough attention to Honey and if she needed extra help and I found her dead and covered in ants yesterday morning. 😢😢😢 My sweet special heart eyed blind girl needed me and I was too sick to be there for her 😢😢 She was so special and beautiful and I will miss her so much.

And on a more silly note—I went out to supervise chicken checks/chores tonight and got to watch the boys address who sleeps where and when…Nohope seems to have decided that he’d rather be with the bantams and sleep in a cramped coop for his size and stop harassing the other boys than being with the big kids where he can be top dog and sleep in a spacious coop…so for now, he gets his way. And as you can see…Bruno keeps him in line 😆😆

I’m so sorry!!!! It always seems like when us women get sick…everything goes down hill. My heart goes out to you! I do hope you get to feeling better. Sending all my love to you!

Husband and I worked on the duck coop again today! We are SOO close!! I’m so excited, I can’t wait!!! :wee We just need a front door, put hardwire cloth in the space thats empty on the front, and then the rest of the skirt. Putting the netting over the area will be sooo easy!!! We are going to hopefully 🙏 finish this up tomorrow, we might paint but it’s supposed to be windy so we will see!

Attachments

• 202E6861-DFBD-4F49-9079-F6959D0FCF04.jpeg
    202E6861-DFBD-4F49-9079-F6959D0FCF04.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 1
  • CC1A806B-C9FC-4E56-84CE-63F68ACC28EB.jpeg
    CC1A806B-C9FC-4E56-84CE-63F68ACC28EB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Husband and I worked on the duck coop again today! We are SOO close!! I’m so excited, I can’t wait!!! :wee We just need a front door, put hardwire cloth in the space thats empty on the front, and then the rest of the skirt. Putting the netting over the area will be sooo easy!!! We are going to hopefully 🙏 finish this up tomorrow, we might paint but it’s supposed to be windy so we will see!
Wow it is almost done and looks amazing!

OMGeeze what a week yall!!!
I went from fun luvin with grandbabies to the pit of gloom and doom then back again when God answered a prayer that someone does care! Joey got injured.and he got Daisy coveredin blood, caught a possum, then caught a coon. More grandbabies and luvins and big 4 yr old helper. Then went to soak Joey's feet and he flopped and got completely soaked so that ended up being my first chicken bath n blow dry!
He was so good yall! And I'm such a ditz! Thankfully I had cleaned out the garage brooder few weeks ago in case I ever needed a hospital. But I knew with his open wound he needed clean bedding especially after a bath...so I got it all out again.
Thought I had purchased just the right thing for this crate we used to use for our Rottie before she passed away...and roll it out and nope...not at all what I needed. I have no clue what it is that's supposed to be good for pets but whatever too late now.
Threw it to the side and went to 2nd plan ...all the while Joey is standing inside the entryway at front door waiting for me....awe!
So I put a vinyl with felt backing table cloth down...doesn't cover edges but oh well I can sweep up the pine shavings.
I go out to set trap to catch another critter, get sidetracked dumping the old bedding into the garden for winter...chopped down frost bit plants, hosed down the tarp that was under his bedding after I attached it to the wrought iron fence lol.
Look over N all my babies are waiting to be tucked in with treats for the night! OMGeeze they r rotten!
Moved Lizzie over with others and said goodnight.
Come back to garage and Joey is holding his sore foot up...he hadn't been doing that a lot so I go to thinking...OMGeeze yall I'm so dumb! The crate has thick metal bars going back and forth all across the bottom and he's havin to stand on em with nothing but vinyl tablecloth and pine shavings!
So ugh...it's dark, I'm exhausted and hurting and cranky and Joey such a good boy! Even if I'm covered in sores and bruises here and there...so I slide a thick piece of cardboard underneath the tablecloth with the pine shavings and he just waits patiently talking to me with his "urs" and grunts lol!
I luv this old bootyhead!
Oh yeah almost forgot... @TropicalBabies can you see anything concerning in his poop...not even 15 minutes apart but very different.
I have been giving him Poutry Cell in his mash to see if he needs something he isn't getting...they are all on Naturwise All Flock feed...but he was on medicated chick starter longer than he should have been cuz of all the dang babies I can't quit havin!

Attachments

• 20221022_172315.jpg
    20221022_172315.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221022_172400.jpg
    20221022_172400.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221022_174551.jpg
    20221022_174551.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221022_174558.jpg
    20221022_174558.jpg