What did you do with your flock today?

Trying to get the chickens all squared away before we leave on vacation…and it’s gonna be 104 today and 108 tomorrow so trying to get everyone set to stay cool too. Thankfully we are here till Sunday, so we will be able to handle the worst of it—but I’m still worried! It’s amazing how there always seems to be a big chore or change needed all the time…right now an auto door isn’t working right and Ariana Sushi is escaping the run thru a hole in the bird netting…last week it was George not going to bed and a rat hole needing fixed…it’s like whack a mole 🤪

Yesterday we put down my sweet old lady Chloe and it made for a very sad and somber day 😢 She just wasn’t happy and it felt cruel to keep her going for our sake. She was the goodest of girls ❤️

So I’m grateful for a vacation but feeling stressed and sad too. Loving animals is HARD 😫😢💔
Awwww...huge hugs on Chloe :hugs Dogs are such heart stealers...the longest life just feels too short. How are the little ones handling her loss? Big hugs for them too!

Pete came and got his last black shoulder babies and I never did get around to taking pictures of them with the whites! Our AC is still being fussy...or maybe it's my DH being fussy 😂 :idunno . So house is a bit hot lately and I'm spending most of my time outside. Funny how a hot house feels worse then an even hotter outdoors. Is that just me or do you guys find it that way too? At any rate, had fun hanging out with the birds today ❤️. Cleaned the nest boxes and spent some time just sitting and watching them. Goose is doing great with birds. He's still in training but think he's going to be a great guard dog down the line. The hamburgs are growing well and still getting their colors in. They're very curious birds. I enjoyed just moving things around in their run and watching them get all excited chasing bugs 😂
20230630_082200.jpg
20230630_083200.jpg

Pete came and got his last black shoulder babies and I never did get around to taking pictures of them with the whites! Our AC is still being fussy...or maybe it's my DH being fussy 😂 :idunno . So house is a bit hot lately and I'm spending most of my time outside. Funny how a hot house feels worse then an even hotter outdoors. Is that just me or do you guys find it that way too? At any rate, had fun hanging out with the birds today ❤️. Cleaned the nest boxes and spent some time just sitting and watching them. Goose is doing great with birds. He's still in training but think he's going to be a great guard dog down the line. The hamburgs are growing well and still getting their colors in. They're very curious birds. I enjoyed just moving things around in their run and watching them get all excited chasing bugs 😂View attachment 3561872View attachment 3561874
Oh gosh they are cute!

I have an order for bags so i stayed down the hill and sewed, refilled my bobbins, cleaned my machine and oiled.

I did get a little more time in with the chooks. Hope is probably the best mom I have had to date and chicks are terrific.
The hen I am babysitting is doing good. I did not get her in time to be of any life changing help. She is blind in both eyes but Ive got her gaining weight and I am treating her with love and kindness and keeping her safe. She stays in the xl cage at night and in the portable brooder during the day. Does not seem depressed but I don't see a lot of her personality either. Poor baby.
Caught a couple of lizards and enjoyed watching the snatch and grab.
Scraped, scrubbed & refilled.
Found some sheet vinyl for mountain coop. Plan to head up tomorrow after some more sewing.

Pete came and got his last black shoulder babies and I never did get around to taking pictures of them with the whites! Our AC is still being fussy...or maybe it's my DH being fussy 😂 :idunno . So house is a bit hot lately and I'm spending most of my time outside. Funny how a hot house feels worse then an even hotter outdoors. Is that just me or do you guys find it that way too? At any rate, had fun hanging out with the birds today ❤️. Cleaned the nest boxes and spent some time just sitting and watching them. Goose is doing great with birds. He's still in training but think he's going to be a great guard dog down the line. The hamburgs are growing well and still getting their colors in. They're very curious birds. I enjoyed just moving things around in their run and watching them get all excited chasing bugs 😂View attachment 3561872View attachment 3561874
Oh those hamburgs are so cute! I love them! 😍

Today was spent documenting all things chicken related for the sitter. It sucks that there are so many things to know! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I made a General Chicken document, a Sick Chicken document, a slide show in PowerPoint with each coop, who lives in it and where the food and water are for them. Then I made mass amounts of labels…and sent the children out to attach each label. I made a recipe for frozen treats to make on hot days, attached more misters, made a video on how to address mister issues, ordered groceries to get watermelons and ice for hot days, made individual baggies of medicine for waters, set up ICU pens, bought more hoses, new cans to hold feed and treat scratch, reset waterers that were in bad places, cleaned cups for waterers, and finished with a small list for the cat 😆 We are exhausted and still have a bunch more to do tomorrow too! Shavings, cleaning coop trays, filling feeders, packing, laundry…and apparently now troubleshooting the AC that’s not working. That’s right…it’s gonna be 108 tomorrow and the AC isn’t working 😫😫😫🥵🔥🥵🔥😫😫😫😫

Attachments

• 79BC3BBA-45F4-4E5E-9242-5C4B7B7263A4.jpeg
    79BC3BBA-45F4-4E5E-9242-5C4B7B7263A4.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 1
  • D2938E75-1D04-4B29-B070-984CAF7028B5.jpeg
    D2938E75-1D04-4B29-B070-984CAF7028B5.jpeg
    669.8 KB · Views: 2
  • ECBD4AC2-AF31-4F94-BA70-C700FCA1B661.jpeg
    ECBD4AC2-AF31-4F94-BA70-C700FCA1B661.jpeg
    631 KB · Views: 1
  • 59BAE39D-86D6-47E1-A9BD-1857BBFA8B01.jpeg
    59BAE39D-86D6-47E1-A9BD-1857BBFA8B01.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 1
  • C80BE667-0BC4-442C-80D5-5BD6B7A002C9.jpeg
    C80BE667-0BC4-442C-80D5-5BD6B7A002C9.jpeg
    927.7 KB · Views: 2
No AC in this weather! 😢 praying it gets fixed for yall asap!
Hey how are the pea babies?! I know I'm so behind I'm not gonna try to catch up reading pages and pages.

Today was spent documenting all things chicken related for the sitter. It sucks that there are so many things to know! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I made a General Chicken document, a Sick Chicken document, a slide show in PowerPoint with each coop, who lives in it and where the food and water are for them. Then I made mass amounts of labels…and sent the children out to attach each label. I made a recipe for frozen treats to make on hot days, attached more misters, made a video on how to address mister issues, ordered groceries to get watermelons and ice for hot days, made individual baggies of medicine for waters, set up ICU pens, bought more hoses, new cans to hold feed and treat scratch, reset waterers that were in bad places, cleaned cups for waterers, and finished with a small list for the cat 😆 We are exhausted and still have a bunch more to do tomorrow too! Shavings, cleaning coop trays, filling feeders, packing, laundry…and apparently now troubleshooting the AC that’s not working. That’s right…it’s gonna be 108 tomorrow and the AC isn’t working 😫😫😫🥵🔥🥵🔥😫😫😫😫
Another of u without AC?! OMGeeze
My son is HVAV technician...so thankful we got one in the family! Wish I could send him yalls way! He was in "real feel" 124° yesterday with a blow torch in his face 3 hours fixing a poor ladies older unit.
Extra prayers for yall!
A lot of documentation you have done and a PowerPoint too!!! I pray all goes well while yall are gone so you can enjoy your vacation!

Trying to get the chickens all squared away before we leave on vacation…and it’s gonna be 104 today and 108 tomorrow so trying to get everyone set to stay cool too. Thankfully we are here till Sunday, so we will be able to handle the worst of it—but I’m still worried! It’s amazing how there always seems to be a big chore or change needed all the time…right now an auto door isn’t working right and Ariana Sushi is escaping the run thru a hole in the bird netting…last week it was George not going to bed and a rat hole needing fixed…it’s like whack a mole 🤪

Yesterday we put down my sweet old lady Chloe and it made for a very sad and somber day 😢 She just wasn’t happy and it felt cruel to keep her going for our sake. She was the goodest of girls ❤️

So I’m grateful for a vacation but feeling stressed and sad too. Loving animals is HARD 😫😢💔
So sorry, Kurby. She was an absolute sweetheart and lived her best possible life with you all. Saying goodbye to family is awful and hard. You did the right thing by her always and she will always be with you ❤❤❤

Back
Top Bottom