What did you do with your flock today?

Hope your migraine is better and didn't linger. They are the worst😫
Finally managed to get it to quite late at night, thankfully, working as housekeeping with a migraine sucks.

But today I removed the cardboard around the nest boxes (from winterizing lol) and added their sled pool as we have a heat wave (haha) and already had two of our bigger girls panting

The babies have been relocated!!

Attachments

• IMG_4117.jpeg
    IMG_4117.jpeg
    746.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4116.jpeg
    IMG_4116.jpeg
    509.1 KB · Views: 8
Finally managed to get it to quite late at night, thankfully, working as housekeeping with a migraine sucks.

But today I removed the cardboard around the nest boxes (from winterizing lol) and added their sled pool as we have a heat wave (haha) and already had two of our bigger girls panting
It's less than 10° here. Fancy sending some of that heat this way? 🥶

Glad your migraine has gone.

It's less than 10° here. Fancy sending some of that heat this way? 🥶

Glad your migraine has gone.
I would love to send you some heat! Lol if it would just stay warm/hot then we'd be find and able to acclimate some, until winter rolls around haha, but here in Indiana we sort of have summer weather longer than anything.

Winter, summer and construction are our seasons lol!

If only the rain would quit so we could put with the run extension! That'd be nice!

I picked up a box of produce at the store today, but it wasn't the best. No greens of any kind, so the chickens got some apples and tomatoes. And even an orange that I cut into quarters. Oh yeah, and a couple pounds of fresh strawberries.

They don't like the strawberries much at all, but they'll get ground into the compost and make it better.

I would love to send you some heat! Lol if it would just stay warm/hot then we'd be find and able to acclimate some, until winter rolls around haha, but here in Indiana we sort of have summer weather longer than anything.

Winter, summer and construction are our seasons lol!

If only the rain would quit so we could put with the run extension! That'd be nice!
I hear ya about the rain! Beautiful (if freezing) morning here - nearly fainted when I saw the sun - but it's going to be raining again by mid-morning.:barnie

I picked up a box of produce at the store today, but it wasn't the best. No greens of any kind, so the chickens got some apples and tomatoes. And even an orange that I cut into quarters. Oh yeah, and a couple pounds of fresh strawberries.

They don't like the strawberries much at all, but they'll get ground into the compost and make it better.
My lot will not even try apples!
Pru likes strawberries but the rest only like them if they can steal them from my strawberry beds. Literally forbidden fruits!

Back
Top Bottom