What did you get for Valentines Day????

I bought myself a box of chocolates which I have hidden from DH in my drawer.
cool.png
When our kids asked DH why he didn't give me anything he replied that he took me out a couple of weeks ago.
roll.png
He doesn't "do" Valentine's day---- too commercial. I'll probably get myself some flowers later in the week because I don't like to pay the inflated Valentine prices but I love flowers
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Ironmaiden. It is a commercialized holiday and I didnt buy the flowers or chocolates either, bought my wife a new book she has been wanting to read. I really shouldnt be surprised though, I didnt get anything from Santa when we came down christmas morning like everyone else did either. Dont get me started on my 40th birthday..........

My Fiance doesn't "do" Valentines day....commercial blah blah blah.....Says why pay money for something that should be done all year long? This year I went with the "well, I wouldn't want it so much if I GOT it during the year!" We've been together for 5 1/2 years and he's bought me flowers 3 times.....and the last time was a rose made out of feathers....along with the "Here.....this one won't die....so I never have to buy you flowers again" I guess that hit home.....He came over my place last night to work on my chicken coop and left a dozen roses in the kitchen for me to find when I went to cook dinner......and left a box of Andes Chocolate Mints on my bed!
smile.png
I cooked him dinner....and I'll take him out later this week
smile.png

I got a sweet card and candy and we went and put a deposit on a pup...
All in all, a good day!
smile.png

A BOYFRIEND
wee.gif

i had been talking to a guy for quite some time and he took me out last night then asked me to be his girlfriend
yippiechickie.gif
he better not ever forget our anniversary or i'm gona kick him in the keester lol

bun.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
big_smile.png
tongue2.gif
ep.gif

i'm exited

Chocolate covered cherries and a card for me- box of chocolates and a card for her, and we treated ourselves to dinner "out". We show affection on a daily basis, but also enjoy the "special" days.
old.gif

Well I got a couple cool things for the holiday “The Extraordinary Pigeon”, flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, and a couple Porcelain D'Uccle chicks; all in all a very good Anna Howard Shaw day. I’m not a big Valentines Day person!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom