What did your chickens do today?

It's not my chicken, but what she did was pretty interesting. My dad went out to gather eggs from his coop and came across one of his Rhode Island Reds in a nest box. She looked at him then reached under herself and rolled an egg towards him. He took it, and she rolled a second and third out to him before she settled back down again. He also had a Black Sex Link stand up in a nest one time, turn around and drop an egg in his hand. His chickens basically hand him eggs, but I can't get two of my silkies to lay in a nest.
roll.png
lol she's going "I don't want to have to raise these kids... If you want them, they're all yours!"

They squawked at me for not letting them out, but I saw a "Coyote" at the fence line so they won't be roaming around ....

It's not my chicken, but what she did was pretty interesting. My dad went out to gather eggs from his coop and came across one of his Rhode Island Reds in a nest box. She looked at him then reached under herself and rolled an egg towards him. He took it, and she rolled a second and third out to him before she settled back down again. He also had a Black Sex Link stand up in a nest one time, turn around and drop an egg in his hand. His chickens basically hand him eggs, but I can't get two of my silkies to lay in a nest.
roll.png

Awesome!!

Everyone stayed inside the coop today. I don't think they ventured out even once. They don't like wind and they don't like cold!
D.gif
Just scratched around in the hay, laid a few eggs that froze before I got to them; and generally seemed content. Going outside in a few minutes to check on them. Make sure they're not frozen to the wall.
wink.png

My girls (and boys) got Solar Electricity today!! we will now be able to keep their water from freezing and provide them with some day-extending light that will also take the chill off in this crazy artic blast we are having (-3* + windchill).
yesss.gif

It got up to a whopping 66 F today! The chickens have been taking full advantage of the nice weather. I made sure to spend some time enjoying it with them.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom