What do/does your chicken(s) do that make you laugh?

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
What do/does your chicken(s) do that make you laugh?
Personally, I get a kick out of watching how some run half flying, flapping their wings when they think that I have a treat for them.

Just about everything they do makes us laugh! They are a joy to behold at all times.
A few things that are at the top of the list, though....

When one of them gets ahold of a tasty treat and runs around like a crazy thing playing "keep-away".

How our LB, Kiev, always seems to be interested in what my wife is wearing...she'll peck at her shoes, pants, shirt....and if she has any metal bits on her pants, those are primary targets.

The way they run in general. Just head down, wings out, full steam ahead!

I had an EE rooster with a goofy crow. He'd flap his wings, stretch his neck, and let loose with a really macho "Er-er-ER-ERRRRR!" and then, a second later, a soft "errrrrr" as he inhaled. It sounded like he was rewinding to try again!

Had a young EE pullet get out of her tractor the other day. She's a wild, flighty thing so I knew it was going to be a chore to catch her. None of my usual tricks worked so I gradually herded her towards my workshop in the hopes of getting her to go through the door where I'd be able to restrict her movement. The door was open and she headed right for it. Didn't go into the open area though but decided to try to hop between two piles of boxes and managed to wedge herself tight. I walked up and plucked her out like picking up a book. All that running around and she gets herself stuck.

late night roost wars.... im sorry but 60 chickens cannot all fit on the highest 8 foot length of wood...and somehow the OEGB win most of the time....

I love it when a squirrel strays into our yard and the chickens chase it. We have deer netting around our garden so the squirrel usually get can't get out and the chickens chase and peck at it. They are quite brave girls...or they don't like the squirrel eating in their yard.

I have a couple hens that cackle at me when i gather the eggs, they will follow my hand into the nest box and then follow it to the egg basket as if to say are you gonna give any broken ones to eat, cracks me up!

They like to jump up on my four wheeler when i am sitting still on it but don't like the ride fast.

I have one rooster that does the happy feet dance when i throw a treat his way, comical to say the least.

I have a little duccle hen that will get eye level with me and tattle on everyone.

I have an assie hen that likes to sit in my lap and pretend to be asleep with one eye open & one closed.

Every time i see a topic that starts with chicken tractor this is what comes to mind.

ct.jpg

Chicken TV is the best

DSC00hf.jpg

Last edited:
my chicks are 1 month and 2 days old today. every morning when i let them out of their coop and into the run, i give them pieces of bread they go hog wild and fight over it, even though there is more than enough for each of them.
lau.gif

I like seeing this crazy wild BCM cockerel who's super-skittish get bumped from behind when he knows I'm around- he jumps 2 feet straight up, screaming like a little girl.

love the chicken tractor pic. What makes me laugh is when I have a whole row of nest boxes available for them, and two or three hens are squashed in a pile in the favorite one. As long as they don't break the eggs
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom