What do you think of the "Twilight" Series?

What do you think of the "Twilight" series?

• I LOVE it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can't stand it!

• I don't really know what it is.

• It's OK, but not great.

• I have heard about it, but don't really care that much

• Too mushy

• Too weird

• Boring

• Other

• Total voters
i just want to know when vampires *i know they arent real but for the sake of argument say they are* became these oversexed and over emotional creatures..not talking about this in particular but the whole erotic vampire thing that has been popular for a while now.

I must say. A book is a book. Some people like them some don't.

I am a person who doesn't base my vote off of other people. If I would of found those books and never heard of them, I would of still liked them after reading with or without all the hype about them. I'm not fan girl crazy over them, but I did enjoy reading them. I'm not much for vampires or sci-fi, but I really liked the way they were simply written although some of the repeating of words drove me crazy. lol.

But yes, I'm with deb. Bella is
sickbyc.gif
Alice was the best.

I'm also with sillychicken.

I watched the the first movie and hated it. They are so unlike the books, I hate the acting, it seems very cheesy and so much is left out.

I may or may not watch the 2nd just because I am curious to see if they did any better.

To each their own.

This was what my son - 15 - said about it....."Twilight a girls choice between Bestiality & Necrophilia
smile.png
"

That boy cracks me up! But then sometimes the truth is WAY funnier than fiction!!

I hated the books, my own opinion being that it encourages women to feel like they're worthless and that an extremely abusive relationship is okay, but I have found one good thing that came out of them. Someone on here provided a link to this blog, which I am enjoying immensely. It summarizes every chapter perfectly. http://community.sparknotes.com/2009/07/16/blogging-twilight-index-page

Last edited:
Quote:
How so? If you don't mind explaining
smile.png
I am a little lost on the abusive relationship part ... I really didn't get that from it.

Quote:
How so? If you don't mind explaining
smile.png
I am a little lost on the abusive relationship part ... I really didn't get that from it.

That's something that really scares me about this . . . that it doesn't seem immediately obvious to people that this is an abusive relationship. I didn't care one way or another about these books until I read them and realized there were tons of girls who were sighing over how "romantic" it all is. I'm all for reading, and I do like that people write books that give people a desire to read, but I would feel much more comfortable about the situation if I knew parents out there were sitting down with their daughter's to have a discussion along these lines: "I'm so happy you've found a series you love, but I want to be sure you understand that this is not the way a man should ever treat a woman, and it isn't a healthy relationship to be in. If you somehow find yourself in a relationship with someone like that, just know I'll be here to help." etc. Every girl should be terrified of ending up with someone like Edward.

Go ahead and look at this list and see how many you can check off for Edward. If you don't check off at least seven, read the books again for parts you may have forgotten. http://www.ndvh.org/is-this-abuse/am-i-being-abused-2/

This
has opened my eyes, though. I used to wonder how it was that people could get into these relationships and not realize how abused they were, and I'd think if they could somehow see the relationship as an outside observer, they'd realize what they were allowing to happen to themselves. Well, a large number of people have read these books and effectively been an outside observer of an abusive relationship between two people, and still thousands are blind to the abuse to the point of thinking Edward is some wonderful ideal. It's an extremely depressing thought, and makes me come down much harder on these books than I otherwise would.
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom