What is this Duck thinking

Pics
I don't think so. She was just very much the dominant duck between her and Ettie. So Ettie submitted to the flock WAY earlier leaving Tella a lone duck for quite a while (at least a month). To this day, Ettie is now higher up than Tella in the pecking order. They are very close buds and ALL the girls bow to Kaine's manliness. It is actually funny now that his hormones have mellowed, frequently the girls are propositioning him and he just doesn't feel like it :gig after all there are 10 girls and only 1 of him. And along that line, Tevye must have been studying his manual. I actually saw him successfully mate with a duck that wasn't Rhiannon or Roxette (the only two that would put up with his clumsiness) and he was decisive, competent and looked like he knew what he was doing. (It was Dove our resident mmmm.... free spirit.) This was a first AFAIK. Kaine saw it happening and approached them, but then didn't do anything. So this spring will definitely be something special. Hopefully Kaine lightens up and Tevye doesn't get too big for his britches. Physically Tevye can take Kaine, but Kaine is Alpha brain all the way and he won't back down from me let alone a mere duck, so if Tevye ever actually challenged Kaine for the flock it would be ugly. So to try to get remotely back on track, our latest troublemaker has been Mystique - she is already fairly high in the pecking order, but she is challenging some of the ducks above her for a higher spot lately. I think it has to do with her new Mohawk hairdo (Kaine had picked the back of her neck bare and when she molted, the new feathers came in this way). Soooooooo, What is this duck thinking...
WHAT?!?!? You want some of this???
"Come on ladies. I know you can't resist me."

I don't think so. She was just very much the dominant duck between her and Ettie. So Ettie submitted to the flock WAY earlier leaving Tella a lone duck for quite a while (at least a month). To this day, Ettie is now higher up than Tella in the pecking order. They are very close buds and ALL the girls bow to Kaine's manliness. It is actually funny now that his hormones have mellowed, frequently the girls are propositioning him and he just doesn't feel like it
gig.gif
after all there are 10 girls and only 1 of him. And along that line, Tevye must have been studying his manual. I actually saw him successfully mate with a duck that wasn't Rhiannon or Roxette (the only two that would put up with his clumsiness) and he was decisive, competent and looked like he knew what he was doing. (It was Dove our resident mmmm.... free spirit.) This was a first AFAIK. Kaine saw it happening and approached them, but then didn't do anything. So this spring will definitely be something special. Hopefully Kaine lightens up and Tevye doesn't get too big for his britches. Physically Tevye can take Kaine, but Kaine is Alpha brain all the way and he won't back down from me let alone a mere duck, so if Tevye ever actually challenged Kaine for the flock it would be ugly.

So to try to get remotely back on track, our latest troublemaker has been Mystique - she is already fairly high in the pecking order, but she is challenging some of the ducks above her for a higher spot lately. I think it has to do with her new Mohawk hairdo (Kaine had picked the back of her neck bare and when she molted, the new feathers came in this way).

Soooooooo, What is this duck thinking...

Mystique's so dang cute with her mohawk. And her hop flapping. Her one web is off the ground. I love her coloring.

I am happy for Tevye. I hope that there is no conflict over mating between him and Kaine next spring. I'd hate to see something go wrong. And let's hope Kaine still stays as sweet as he is now.

The dynamics you describe are all so fascinating. I really enjoy reading how things happen. Very dynamic and almost a psychological thriller with the behaviors and competition for pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom