What is your favorite breed of dog?

Huskies and I've come to like the herding breeds more these days, Shepherds and collies. And my little Shiba. Though I love all dogs.
We have 2 Shiba Inus totally by chance and they are nice little dogs! The first one I was at a dog auction to rescue a pair of St. Bernards, and this 4 mo old pup didn't sell. The auctioneer got down to $10 and finally said he knew there were rescue people in the audience, and somebody give him $10 for the pup and get him a new home LOL There were plenty of people and I looked over at my friends, but all shook their heads no, so I took him, thinking I'd rehab him and send him to Shiba Inu Rescue.....Yeah, right. When they say, "The breed is independent", they aren't kidding! LOL I told hubby after 2 months that he would never make it outside our house because he absolutely won't come to you out in the open and is a terrible escape risk. I mean he's like Houdini! Then a neighborhood had a carbon copy of ours dumped and running loose. They finally caught her but nobody claimed her. She's really petite and friendly. We dubbed her "Pixie".

I raise Great Pyrenees Anatolian Shepherd LGDs.. we currently have 5 (Boone, Ellie, Jack, Birdie and Daisy) and another litter on the way. Boone and Ellie are 2 and 3 years old and the 3 pups are from last litter and they are 7 months old.. BIG Dogs are awesome..

My favorite dog was my collie mix who passed away a few years ago, but my favorite breed based on personality is my Boston terrier/Pitt mix. He is an amazing dog! Friendly, very smart, super cuddly & not agressive, yet he keeps everything unwanted out of our yard!

Tell me about your favorite breed/favorite dog! ❤️
If I could pick a dog for myself, it’d be a Border Collie. We had one when I was growing up and she was SO smart. She even marched in the HS band next to me.
I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I’ve always had about that many or more. I’ve never been able to choose my own because they either find me or I inherit them.
I still love them no matter what!

Last edited:
I raise Great Pyrenees Anatolian Shepherd LGDs.. we currently have 5 (Boone, Ellie, Jack, Birdie and Daisy) and another litter on the way. Boone and Ellie are 2 and 3 years old and the 3 pups are from last litter and they are 7 months old.. BIG Dogs are awesome..
Agree! My Leonbergers and Pyrenean Mastiff are like PEOPLE! Never understand why everyone wants ankle biters. Giant dogs are a breeze to potty train, and burglars think twice before breaking in. My Pyrenean Mastiff would have killed a burglar before letting them near me. He was truly 165# protection and better than a gun IMHO If anything happens to hubby, I always say I'll have at least 3 PMs around to keep me safe LOL

Back
Top Bottom