What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

My friendliest chickens are A orpington named feisty..(She does not live up her name) ,and a Cherry Egger named Cherry...( She Is by far my favorite.. And is associating me with food when ever i go in the yard, her and five other grown hens that hate being held but will come up to me and cock there heads.. I will try to post aq picture of Cherry ASAP!!!
smile.png

Ours is "Darla" our Polish. She has always followed me around ever since she was a little chick. She's got more personality going on than a psych ward! I leaned a trick for our chicks from my Sis's groomer in R.I. She uses a stocking cut horizontally to make rings, like a rubber band, to put bows in her dogs hair and what not. So I started using them to pull the feathers upwards on my polish and sultan chickens "hairdo's" so they can see better. Less constricting than a rubber band so they forget it's there pretty quickly, and it doesn't pull on their feathers either. Kudos to Olivia for the Idea and to my Sis for the old stocking. Now my girls are all ready for exercise in the yard with their custom Susan Summers work out 80's headbands.
there

ps. I kow the spanish bayonetts look pretty wicked and at first I though it was going to be a bad idea for them, but as it turns out they have carefully created little pathways aroud and behind them making a great spot for them in the shade and it is great protection from predators above. Also my friends wonder about them and the Angel Trumpet flower, simply put I am lucky so far. The bugs pay it more attention then the chicks, the dreaded yellow giant grasshoppers to be exact for ya'll in FL. If I did ever see them pecking it or the poinsetta's that miraculesly stay alive outside I would move them out of their reach of course.

Rosie my EE is the friendliest I've had yet. She started as a chick jumping into my hand to be held. She stopped doing that as a teenager but now that she's laying she loves to be pet.

The next friendliest was from my first flock, Marilyn the Golden Comet. She would always hang around and keep you company in the garden and to take an interest in you. Great layer, she hardly missed a day.

My sweetest girl is Agnus my Rose comb Leghorn. She definitely does not fit the normal description of Leghorns. I could not have asked for a better chicken. This is here loving on my husband.
These pictures gave me goosebumps. She is hugging him. Look at that! My friendliest is by far the Red Sex Links. Barred rocks come in at a close second. Silkies are easy to catch and tolerate being handled, but they don't seek it out. My buff orp never liked humans, and I got her because I've heard all about their friendliness. Thinking back, I had a pet Polish that was the very friendliest of all, but she is not the norm for polish I don't believe. She looked for me and would jump on my lap/head/shoulder to get closer to me. We had her inside in the winter because she was not well. Here she is - showing me how to correctly make her diapers :lol:
IMG_3334.jpg

My friendliest is Shadow, who got her name by following me around. She'd love to follow me into the house sometime. She is an ISA Brown, as are all my 3 girls. They are all very friendly and don't bite anyone -- except the dog, when she gets a little annoying from wanting to play with them.

Back
Top Bottom