What killed my chicken?

nikolairapunzel

Songster
7 Years
May 4, 2015
Northern Michigan
Tonight I found my bantam rooster dead. Lots of feathers in a small.area and then just a few feet away there he was. His head and breast are was intact. All his insides were eaten. The rest of the flock was safely in the coop. It happened in the daytime. He was last seen on camera around 3pm and everyone else hid around 530pm. We live in Northern Michigan. I do have a picture of the body if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks.

Tonight I found my bantam rooster dead. Lots of feathers in a small.area and then just a few feet away there he was. His head and breast are was intact. All his insides were eaten. The rest of the flock was safely in the coop. It happened in the daytime. He was last seen on camera around 3pm and everyone else hid around 530pm. We live in Northern Michigan. I do have a picture of the body if anyone wants to take a look. Thanks.
Can I see the picture?

Can I see the picture?
Yes, I will attach it in just a few minutes. Thanks! Also for more info, the area he was attacked in had tree cover and was in a fenced corner of our yard. Body was just 4 or 5 feet away. There has been a cat in our yard recently also. Just trying to figure out what to protect the rest from. Thanks.

Attachments

• received_513169981027937.jpeg
    received_513169981027937.jpeg
    453.2 KB · Views: 8
Do you have many skunks around your place? I'm not familiar with animal attacks and what it looks like on chickens, but it kinda looks like a skunk got him. I had a hen that was killed by a skunk a couple years ago and the skunk pretty muchly just ripped her open, ate some of her insides, and went on his merry way. Again, I could be wrong, but thought I'd throw it out there!

Do you have many skunks around your place? I'm not familiar with animal attacks and what it looks like on chickens, but it kinda looks like a skunk got him. I had a hen that was killed by a skunk a couple years ago and the skunk pretty muchly just ripped her open, ate some of her insides, and went on his merry way. Again, I could be wrong, but thought I'd throw it out there!
We do have skunks I am guessing. In 25 years living in this house, we have o ly ever seen one though!

Back
Top Bottom