what kind of chicken is this??

Black Sex Link came to mind for me... But i've never had marans.. I had 5 or 6 black sex links hens that looked similar to this with varying degrees of orange on their head... They were the ex-wives of Satan! they were so bad even he didn't want them

i have a hen that looks kinda like yours but i was told mine was a black rock
70328_smallestchickeneggever_003.jpg
70328_oddballchickens_001.jpg

I was thinking Cockerel, I have Black Cooper Maran one Pullet and one Cockerel; looks more like my Cockerel. Marans should have thin strip of feathers on shanks. I can’t see that in the picture. Don’t know what a black sex link looks like.

Looks like a hatchery BCM....poor lacing but still visible on colors...The legs I just thought were covered in mud? OK just went an re-looked.. yup there is green in them? It will be interesting now to see what color egg this girl lays!

Quote:
hmmm I've never had a BSL so Im unsure of coloring:(

Wow just looked it up and I think your right-but now the legs are throwing me as the photos I saw they has slate legs? not green

Last edited:
Quote:
So funny. I named my one and only sex link Elle Diablo for exactly that reason. I will not be getting more after having cuddle lover Orps.

Sex links can be made from so many different breeds that any color legs are possible. This birds look yellow with slate. I do know yellow is recessive to slate.

Back
Top Bottom