What kind of goat do I have?

We do not have any females. Just him right now and looking into getting a friend for him. Right now he hangs out with the chickens. I hope he doesn't pee on himself anytime soon. That would not be fun.
What I am trying to tell you is this. For a pet it is much better to have him castrated before he reaches puberty. Once he does, it takes some time before the male hormones are out of his system and he regains his sanity. The age at which an individual reaches puberty is variable, but at four to five months he is close. I think your vet means well, but I wonder how familiar he is with how fast goats develop.

We do not have any females. Just him right now and looking into getting a friend for him. Right now he hangs out with the chickens. I hope he doesn't pee on himself anytime soon. That would not be fun.

We had a little buck who we tried to fix but it didn't seem to work (he was a dwarf goat and we used a band used for meat goats). He would simply rub up against you and you would smell terrible for the rest of the day. Your hands, your clothes, anything. He was an adorable little boy though, and lot of fun to have around.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom