What Kind Of Music Do You Play For Chicks ??

skyfires

Trying to hide
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
The Ozarks of Arkansas
This is a great question I think. I have a CD player hooked up in my coop, with CD's I've burned just for them. All very soft rock, like CSN&Y, The Eagles, Barkley James Harvest, The Doobie Brothers,ETC. I also have Ackerman, Michael Hedges, George Winston, etc, for soft guitars and no vocals. My DH thinks I have went a little nuts, but they are much calmer when the music plays softly in the back ground. If any one else is playing music, let me know. I need to add 'new tunes' to the list. Thanks!!
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

My girls and I lead auditorally-stimulating lives: TVs, radio, computers, airplanes, traffic, barking dogs, etc., so in our backyard, we prefer the peace and quiet.

CD: Audio Books, The Speeches of Winston Churchill, Learn French with Michel Thomas, Agatha Christie Mysteries.

Radio & CDs: Classical, Celtic, Gospel, Praise, C&W, Blues, Jazz, Rock and NPR.

I lullabye the flock every evening after head count.

Other people's play lists on YouTube,
The Splendid Kitchen on NPR, Political radio on internet, Wisconsin Public Radio-gardening, soundtracks from movies like The Lord of the Rings, Walking Tall, etc.
And if anyone knows of one we would love to listen to shows about chickens!

Well the meat chickens heard a nice melody sung by me and the kids it was called "Munch a Bunch of Lunch". We would sing that to them daily as we did our chores.

The layers and Roosters enjoy peace and quiet with an occasional chance to hear a little country or rock when we are working in or by the barn.

Back
Top Bottom