WHAT KIND OF "PEOPLE" FOOD CAN CHICKENS EAT?

Here's a link to the treats chart:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2593-Treats_Chart

One warning: If your chickens get the taste of raw eggs, they may decide to help themselves by cracking open a few of their own. Always cook eggs before giving them to your chickens; either hard boiled or scrambled.
I've experienced that! We have one, maybe two, chicken(s) eating their own eggs! They're perfect eggs, but they can't be used since they have a big crack in them! I would definitely take gritsar's advice on how to present eggs to your chickens. I usually scramble my birds' eggs and they thoroughly enjoy it.

i am eating the florets of broccoli, do the stems have any nutritional value for my hens ? thank you.

I've experienced that! We have one, maybe two, chicken(s) eating their own eggs! They're perfect eggs, but they can't be used since they have a big crack in them! I would definitely take gritsar's advice on how to present eggs to your chickens. I usually scramble my birds' eggs and they thoroughly enjoy it.
i throw mine out on a cooking sheet on 350 for a few. crumble them up & throw that calcium out to your birds. they must be completely dry....

Back
Top Bottom